Using Computerized Adaptive Testing to Evaluate Nurse Competence for Licensure: Some History and Forward Look
- Anthony R. Zara
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This revised version was published online in June 2006 with corrections to the Cover Date.
- American Council on Education (1995). Guidelines for Computerized-Adaptive Test Development and Use in Education. Washington DC: Author.
- American Educational Research Association, American Psychological Association, & National Council on Measurement in Education (1985). Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Birnbaum, A. (1968). Some latent trait models and their use in inferring an examinee's ability. In F. M. Lord & M. R. Novick (Eds.), Statistical Theories of Mental Test Scores. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, pp. 453–479.
- Green, B. F., Bock, R. D., Humphries, L. G., Linn, R. L. & Reckase, M. D. (1984). Technical guidelines for assessing computerized adaptive tests. Journal of Educational Measurement, 21(4), 347–360. CrossRef
- Hambleton, R. K. & Swaminathan, H. (1985). Item Response Theory: Principles and Applications. Boston: Kluwer-Nihoff Publishing.
- Hofer, P. J. & Green B. F. (1985). The challenge of competence and creativity in computerized psychological testing. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 53, 826–838. CrossRef
- Kiely, G. L., Zara, A. R. & Weiss, D. J. (1986). Equivalence of Computer-Administered and Paper-and-Pencil ASVAB Tests (AFHRL-TP–86–13). Manpower and Personnel Division, Brooks Air Force Base, TX: Air Force Human Resources Laboratory.
- Kingsbury G. G. & Weiss, D. J. (1979). An Adaptive Testing Strategy for Mastery Decisions (Research Report 79–5). Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program.
- Kingsbury G. G. & Weiss, D. J. (1981). A Validity Comparison of Adaptive and Conventional Strategies for Mastery Testing (Research Report 81–3). Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program.
- Kingsbury G. G. & Weiss, D. J. (1983). A comparison of IRT-based adaptive mastery testing and a sequential mastery procedure. In D. J. Weiss (Ed.), New Horizons in Testing: Latent Trait Theory and Computerized Adaptive Testing. New York: Academic Press.
- Kingsbury, G. G. & Zara, A. R. (1989). Procedures for selecting items for computerized adaptive tests. Applied Measurement in Education, 2, 359–375. CrossRef
- Lord, F. M. (1952). A theory of test scores. Psychometric Monograph (7).
- Lord, F.M. (1977). A broad-range tailored test of verbal ability. Applied Psychological Measurement, 1, 95–100.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (1989). Collected Works on the Legal Aspects of Computerized Adaptive Testing. Author: Chicago.
- Rasch, G. (1960). Probabilistic Models for Some Intelligence and Attainment Tests. Copenhagen: Danmarks Paedagogiske Institut.
- Urry, V. W. (1977). Tailored testing: A successful application of latent trait theory. Journal of Educational Measurement, 14, 181–196. CrossRef
- Weiss, D. J. (1974). Strategies of Adaptive Ability Measurement (Research Report 74–5). Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program.
- Weiss, D. J. (Ed.) (1978). Proceedings of the 1977 Computerized Adaptive Testing Conference. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program.
- Weiss, D. J. (1982). Improving measurement quality and efficiency with adaptive testing. Applied Psychological Measurement, 6, 473–492.
- Zara, A. R. (April, 1992). A Comparison of Computerized Adaptive and Paper-and-Pencil Versions of the National RN Licensure Examination. Paper presented at the annual conference of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco.
- Using Computerized Adaptive Testing to Evaluate Nurse Competence for Licensure: Some History and Forward Look
Advances in Health Sciences Education
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 39-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Anthony R. Zara (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. National Council of State Boards of Nursing Inc. (National Council), 676 N. St. Clair Street, Suite 550, Chicago, Illinois, 60611-2921, USA