Using Computerized Adaptive Testing to Evaluate Nurse Competence for Licensure: Some History and Forward Look
- Anthony R. Zara
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This revised version was published online in June 2006 with corrections to the Cover Date.
- American Council on Education (1995). Guidelines for Computerized-Adaptive Test Development and Use in Education. Washington DC: Author.
- Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC
- Birnbaum, A. Some latent trait models and their use in inferring an examinee's ability. In: Lord, F. M., Novick, M. R. eds. (1968) Statistical Theories of Mental Test Scores. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, pp. 453-479
- Green, B. F., Bock, R. D., Humphries, L. G., Linn, R. L., Reckase, M. D. (1984) Technical guidelines for assessing computerized adaptive tests. Journal of Educational Measurement 21: pp. 347-360 CrossRef
- Hambleton, R. K., Swaminathan, H. (1985) Item Response Theory: Principles and Applications. Kluwer-Nihoff Publishing, Boston
- Hofer, P. J., Green, B. F. (1985) The challenge of competence and creativity in computerized psychological testing. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 53: pp. 826-838 CrossRef
- Kiely, G. L., Zara, A. R., Weiss, D. J. (1986) Equivalence of Computer-Administered and Paper-and-Pencil ASVAB Tests. Air Force Human Resources Laboratory, TX
- Kingsbury, G. G., Weiss, D. J. (1979) An Adaptive Testing Strategy for Mastery Decisions. University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program, Minneapolis
- Kingsbury, G. G., Weiss, D. J. (1981) A Validity Comparison of Adaptive and Conventional Strategies for Mastery Testing. University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program, Minneapolis
- Kingsbury, G. G., Weiss, D. J. A comparison of IRT-based adaptive mastery testing and a sequential mastery procedure. In: Weiss, D. J. eds. (1983) New Horizons in Testing: Latent Trait Theory and Computerized Adaptive Testing. Academic Press, New York
- Kingsbury, G. G., Zara, A. R. (1989) Procedures for selecting items for computerized adaptive tests. Applied Measurement in Education 2: pp. 359-375 CrossRef
- Lord, F. M. (1952). A theory of test scores. Psychometric Monograph (7).
- Lord, F.M. (1977) A broad-range tailored test of verbal ability. Applied Psychological Measurement 1: pp. 95-100
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (1989). Collected Works on the Legal Aspects of Computerized Adaptive Testing. Author: Chicago.
- Rasch, G. (1960) Probabilistic Models for Some Intelligence and Attainment Tests. Danmarks Paedagogiske Institut, Copenhagen
- Urry, V. W. (1977) Tailored testing: A successful application of latent trait theory. Journal of Educational Measurement 14: pp. 181-196 CrossRef
- Weiss, D. J. (1974) Strategies of Adaptive Ability Measurement. University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program, Minneapolis
- Weiss, D. J. eds. (1978) Proceedings of the 1977 Computerized Adaptive Testing Conference. University of Minnesota, Department of Psychology, Psychometric Methods Program, Minneapolis
- Weiss, D. J. (1982) Improving measurement quality and efficiency with adaptive testing. Applied Psychological Measurement 6: pp. 473-492
- Zara, A. R. (April, 1992). A Comparison of Computerized Adaptive and Paper-and-Pencil Versions of the National RN Licensure Examination. Paper presented at the annual conference of the American Educational Research Association, San Francisco.
- Using Computerized Adaptive Testing to Evaluate Nurse Competence for Licensure: Some History and Forward Look
Advances in Health Sciences Education
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 39-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Anthony R. Zara (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. National Council of State Boards of Nursing Inc. (National Council), 676 N. St. Clair Street, Suite 550, Chicago, Illinois, 60611-2921, USA