On the Expansion of Ramanujan's Continued Fraction
- Michael D. Hirschhorn
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
If Ramanujan's continued fraction (or its reciprocal) is expanded as a power series, the sign of the coefficients is (eventually) periodic with period 5. We give combinatorial interpretations for the coefficients from which the result is immediate. We make use of the quintuple product identity, which we prove.
- G.E. Andrews, “Ramanujan's “lost” notebook III. The Rogers-Ramanujan continued fraction,” Adv. Math. 41 (1981), 186–208.
- G.H. Hardy and E.M. Wright, An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, Oxford, 1960.
- B. Richmond and G. Szekeres, “The Taylor coefficients of certain infinite products,” Acta Sci. Math. 40 (1978), 347–369.
- On the Expansion of Ramanujan's Continued Fraction
The Ramanujan Journal
Volume 2, Issue 4 , pp 521-527
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Ramanujan's continued fraction
- quintuple product identity
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052, Australia. E-mail