Lake Urmia, Iran: A summary review
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The major hydrological, morphometric and chemical features of Lake Urmia, a large salt lake in Iran, are briefly reviewed. Some comments are made on bacteriological quality of the lake sediments.
- Anon. 1987. A study report on natural lakes of Azarbayjan Province. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).
- Anon. 1991–1993. [A study for the establishment of natural park on the islands of Urmia Lake]. Environment Protection Bureau of West Azarbayjan Province, Vols. 1–3. Tehran (in Persian)
- Ghaheri, M. 1997. An introduction to Iranian lakes: Urmia Lake. Proceedings of Lacar '97 Conference, Lacar, Argentina, ILEC.
- Jalali, B. 1984. A report on Urmia Lake. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).
- Nargan Consultant Engineers, 1992. A review of E.P.O. report on Urmia Lake, Vol. 2. Teheran.
- Water Bureau, 1987. Iranian Lakes. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).
- Lake Urmia, Iran: A summary review
International Journal of Salt Lake Research
Volume 8, Issue 1 , pp 19-22
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Lake Urmia
- salt lakes