A study on sintering and microstructure development of fritless silver thick film conductors
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Thick film materials have proved to possess economic processing and functional advantages over other technologies in high-volume production of miniaturized circuits. The development of a low-cost fritless silver paste with different binder composition is described in the present work. The effect of composition and firing temperature (700–900 °C) on the microstructure is also reported. The sheet resistivity and surface morphology of all the indigenously formulated Ag thick film pastes are compared with the imported (ESL) paste. The results suggest that the thick films can be fired at 700 °C instead of the conventional 900 °C firing temperature.
- Puri, V. (1994) Hybrid Circuits 34: pp. 28
- Rane, S. B., Puri, VIJAYA (1998) Proceedings of the International Symposium on Emerging Microelectronics & Interconnection Technology. Bangalore, India
- Rane, S., Puri, V. (1999) IETE Tech. Rev. 16: pp. 129
- S. RANE, PhD Thesis, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India (1999).
- Mandhare, M., Gangal, S., Setty, M., Karekar, R. (1988) Act. Passive Electron. Compon. 13: pp. 45
- Nishiki, S., Yuki, S. (1982) IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech. MTT-30 7: pp. 1104
- Barnwell, P., Wood, J., Reynolds, Q. (1998) Proceedings of the International Symposium on Emerging Microelectronics and Interconnection Technology. Bangalore, India
- Lin, J. C., Wang, C. Y. (1996) Mater. Chem. Phys. 45: pp. 253
- S. RANE and V. PURI, Act. Passive Electron. Compon. (submitted) (March 2000).
- C. Y. KUO, in Proceedings of ISHM (1987) p. 562.
- Taylor, B. E., Felten, J. J., Larry, J. R. (1980) IEEE Trans. Compon. Hybrid Manuf. Technol. CHMT-3 4: pp. 504
- Ogawa, T., Ootani, M., Asai, T., Hasegawa, M., Ito, O. (1980) IEEE Trans. Compon. Hybrid Manuf. Technol. CHMT-3 4: pp. 504
- Borland, W., Sinta, V. P. (1988) Mater. Res. Soc. 108: pp. 382
- W. SMETANA, and R. REICHER, in Proceedings of the Thirty third International Conference on Microelectronics. MIDEM-27 (1997) 260.
- R. W. VEST, Materials Aspect of Thick Film Technology, ("Handbook of Electronics Ceramics") edited by R. C. Buchanan, NY, 1993 p. 443.
- Vest, R. W. (1986) Ceram. Bull. 65: pp. 435
- Chen, C. J., Wu, J. M. (1990) J. Mater. Res. 5: pp. 1530
- Zhu, M., Chung, D. D. L. (1994) J. Electron. Mater. 23: pp. 541
- Adabnig, A., Schuster, J. C., Reicher, R., Smetana, W. (1998) J. Mater. Sci. 33: pp. 4887
- Peytour, C., Barbier, F., Reveolveschi, A. (1990) J. Mater. Res. 5: pp. 127
- A study on sintering and microstructure development of fritless silver thick film conductors
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
Volume 11, Issue 9 , pp 667-674
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors