Swedish Drug Policy: A Successful Model?
- Henrik ThamAffiliated withDepartment of Criminology, Stockholm University
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The shift in Swedish drug policy since around 1980 towards a more strict model has according to the official point of view been successful by comparison with the earlier, more lenient drug policy. However, available systematic indicators show that the prevalence of drug use has increased since around 1980, that the decrease in drug incidence was particularly marked during the 1970s and that some indicators point towards an increase during the 1990s. The shift towards a more strict policy.
- Swedish Drug Policy: A Successful Model?
European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research
Volume 6, Issue 3 , pp 395-414
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- drug policy
- drug use
- Industry Sectors
- Henrik Tham (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Criminology, Stockholm University, S-106 91, Stockholm, Sweden