On The Correlation Of Binary M-sequences
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We obtain the upper bound O(214n/15 n−1/5) on the number of distinct values of all possible correlation functions between M-sequences of order n .
- R. Canetti, J. Friedlander, S. Konyagin, M. Larsen, D. Lieman and I. E. Shparlinski, On the statistical properties of Diffie-Hellman distributions, Israel J. Math., to appear.
- T. W. Cusick and H. Dobbertin, Some new three-valued correlation functions for binary sequences, IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Vol. 42 (1996) pp. 1238-1240. CrossRef
- T. Helleseth, Some results about the cross-correlation function between two maximal linear sequences, Discr. Math., Vol. 16 (1976) pp. 209-232. CrossRef
- T. Helleseth, A note on the cross-correlation function between two binary maximal length linear sequences, Discr. Math., Vol. 23 (1978) pp. 301-307.
- R. Lidl and H. Niederreiter, Finite fields, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1997).
- F. J. MacWilliams and N. J. A. Sloane, The theory of error-correcting codes, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1977).
- I. E. Shparlinski, On weight spectra of some codes, Problemy Peredachi Inform., Vol. 22,No.2 (1986), pp. 43-48 (in Russian).
- I. E. Shparlinski, Finite Fields: Theory and Computation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1999).
- On The Correlation Of Binary M-sequences
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 16, Issue 3 , pp 249-256
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- M-sequences and correlation functions
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G3, Canada
- 2. Department of Mathematics, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
- 3. School of MPCE, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, 2109, Australia