New Colored Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Visual secretsharing (VSS) schemes are used to protect the visual secret bysending n transparencies to different participantsso that k-1 or fewer of them have no informationabout the original image, but the image can be seen by stackingk or more transparencies. However, the revealedsecret image of a conventional VSS scheme is just black and white.The colored k out of n VSS scheme sharinga colored image is first introduced by Verheul and Van Tilborg. In this paper, a new construction for the colored VSS schemeis proposed. This scheme can be easily implemented on basis ofa black & white VSS scheme and get much better block lengththan the Verheul-Van Tilborg scheme.
- G. Ateniese, C. Blundo, A. De Santis, and D. R. Stinson, Constructions and bounds for visual cryptography, Proc. 23rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP' 96), (1996) pp. 416–428.
- G. Ateniese, C. Blundo, A. De Santis, and D. R. Stinson, Visual cryptography for general access structures, ECCC, Electronic Colloquium on Computational Complexity (TR96–012), via WWW using http://www.eccc.uni-trier.de/eccc/.
- G. R. Blakley, Safeguarding cryptographic keys, AFIPS Conference Proceedings, Vol. 48 (1979) pp. 313–317.
- S. Droste, New results on visual cryptography, Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO' 96, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 1109 (1996) pp. 401–415.
- T. Katoh and H. Imai, Some visual secret sharing schemes and their share size, Proceedings of International Conferences on Cryptology and Information Security, (1996) pp. 41–47.
- Kazukuni, Kobara and H. Imai, Limiting the visible space visual secret sharing schemes and their application to human identification, Advances in Cryptology-ASISCRYPTO' 96, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 1163 (1996) pp. 185–195.
- M. Naor and A. Shamir, Visual cryptography, Advances in Cryptology-EUROCRYPT' 94, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, No. 950 (1995) pp. 1–12.
- A. Shamir, How to share a secret, Commun. of the ACM, Vol. 22 (1979) pp. 612–613.
- E. R. Verheul and H. C. A. Van Tilborg, Constructions and properties of k out of n visual secret sharing schemes, Designs, Codes and Cryptography, Vol. 11, No. 2 (1997) pp. 179–196
- New Colored Visual Secret Sharing Schemes
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 20, Issue 3 , pp 325-336
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Visual cryptography
- secret sharing scheme
- Industry Sectors