Preparation of monoclonal antibody against crocin and its characterization
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Three crocin-carrier protein conjugates were synthesized and their hapten numbers were determined by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flight mass spectrometry. Three monoclonal antibodies against crocin were produced by hybridomas fused with the splenocytes immunized with crocin hemisuccinate-bovine serum albumin conjugate and HAT-sensitive mouse myeloma cell line, P3-X63-Ag8-653. They were identified as IgG2a and IgG2b possessing λ light chain, respectively. Their wide reactivities against crocetin glycosides were discussed.
- Abdullaev FI (1994) Inhibitory effect of crocetin on the intracellular nucleic acid and protein synthesis in malignant cells. Toxiol Lett 70: 243-251.
- Escribano J, Alonso GL, Miguel CP, Fernandez JA (1996) Crocin, saffranal and picrocrocin from saffron (Crocus sativus L.) inhibit the growth of human cancer cells in vitro. Cancer Lett 100: 23-30.
- Galfre G and Meilstein C (1981) Preparation of monoclonal antibodies: strategies and procedures. Meth Enzymol 73: 3-46.
- Godoing JW (1980) Antibody production by hybridomas. J Immunol Meth 39: 285-308.
- Goto Y, Shima Y, Morimoto S, Shoyama Y, Murakami H, Kusai A and Nojima K (1994) Determination of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-carrier protein conjugate by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. Org Mass Spectr 29: 668-671.
- Ishiyama M, Shoyama Y, Murakami H and Shinohara H (1996) Production of monoclonal antibodies and development of an ELISA for solamargine. Cytotechnology 18: 153-158.
- Morimoto S, Umezaki Y, Shoyama Y, Saito H, Nishi K and Irino N (1994) Post-harvest degradation of carotenoid glucose esters in saffron. Planta Med 60: 438-440.
- Murakami H, Mosui H, Sato GH, Sueoka N, Chow TP and Kanosueoka T (1982) Growth of hybridoma cells in serum-free medium: ethalamine is an essential component. Pro Natl Acad Sci USA 79: 1158-1162.
- Pfander H and Witter F (1975) Untersuchungen zur Carotenoid-zusammeusetzung im Safran. Helvetica Chimica Acta 58: 1608-1620.
- Sakata R, Shoyama Y and Murakami H (1994) Production of monoclonal antibodies and enzyme immunoassy for typical adenylate cyclase activator, forskolin. Cytotechnology 16: 1001-108.
- Shoyama Y, Sakata R, Isobe R, Murakami H (1993a) Direct determination of forskolin-bovine serum albumin conjugate by matrix assisted laser desorpation/ionization mass spectrometry. Org Mass Spectr 28: 987-988.
- Shoyama Y, Fukada T, Tanaka T, Kusai A and Nojima K (1993b) Direct determination of opium alkaloid-bovine serum albumin conjugate by matrix assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. Biol Pharm Bull 16: 1051-1053.
- Shoyama Y, Fukada T and Murakami H (1996) Production of monoclonal antibodies and ELISA for thebaine and codeine, Cytotechnology 19: 55-61.
- Sugiura M, Shoyama Y, Saito H and Abe K (1994) Crocin (crocetin digentiobiose ester) prevents the inhibitory effects of ethanol on long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 271: 703-707.
- Sugiura M, Shoyama Y, Saito H and Nishiyama N (1995a) Crocin improves the ethanol-induced impairment of learning behaviors of mice in passive avoidance tasks. Proc Japan Acad 71 ser. B: 319-324.
- Sugiura M, Saito H, Abe K and Shoyama Y (1995b) Ethanol extract of Crocus sativus L. antagonizes the inhibitory action of ethanol on hippocamal long-term potentiation in vivo. Phytother Res 9: 100-104.
- Sugiura M, Shoyama Y, Zhang YX, Saito H and Abe K (1996) Effects of ethanol extract of Crocus sativus L. and its purified chemicals on learning behavior and long-term-potentiation. Int Acad Biomed Drug Res 11: 270-276.
- Suzhou New Medical College (1977) Dictionary of Chinese Traditional Medicine, Shanghai People's Publication House, Shanghai Vol 2, pp. 2622-2623.
- Tanaka Y, Goto Y and Shoyama Y (1996) Monoclonal antibody based enzyme immunoassay for marihuana (cannabinoid) compounds. J Immunoassay 17: 321-342.
- Tanaka Y, Putalun W, Tsuzaki C and Shoyama Y (1997) A simple determination of steriodal alkaloid glycosides by thin-layer chromatogrphy immunostaining using monoclonal antibody against solamargine. FEBS Lett 404: 279-282.
- Weiler EW (1990) Chemistry of Plant Protection, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 145-220.
- Weiler EW and Zenk MH (1976) Radioimmunoassay for the determination of digoxin and related compounds in Digitalis lanata. Phytochem 15: 1537-1545.
- Zhang YX, Shoyama Y, Sugiura M, Saito H (1994) Effects of Crocus sativus L. on the ethanol-induced impairment of passive avoidance performance in mice. Biol Pharm Bull 17: 217-221.
- Preparation of monoclonal antibody against crocin and its characterization
Volume 29, Issue 1 , pp 65-70
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- crocetin glycosides
- Crocus sativus
- monoclonal antibody
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashiku, Fukuoka, 812, Japan
- 2. Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 294 Taiyuan road, Shanghai, 20032, China