Field Deployable Microwave Filters Made from Superconductive Thick Films
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Radio frequency (RF) resonators are made by depositing thick films of YBa2Cu3O7−δ onto three-dimensional substrates. The superconducting resonators are then coupled together to form high performance RF filters. The topologies and frequency responses of some of these devices are briefly discussed prior to beginning a more detailed discussion aimed at addressing some of the common misconceptions of high temperature superconductive (HTS) thick film devices, namely the nonlinearity and the size. The intermodulation distortion (IMD) is shown to be below the noise floor in most practical applications, and a mathematical model that uses the empirical surface impedance data to predict the behavior of the IMD is described.
- M. Nisenoff, in NATO ASI on Microwave Superconductivity, Millau, France, September 1999.
- R. Jose, A. M. John, J. James, K. V. O. Nair, K. V. Kurian, and J. Koshy, Materials Letters 41, 112 (1999).
- T. W. Button, G. Dolman, C. Meggs, and P. A. Smith, U.S. Patent No. 5,871,818, Thick Film Coating Process, February 16, 1999.
- C. Wilker, Z.-Y. Shen, V. X. Nguyen, and M. S. Brenner, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 3, 1457 (1993).
- Yoshio Kobayashi and Hiroshi Tamura, IEICE Transactions on Electronics E77-C, 882 (1994).
- H. Chaloupka, M. Jeck, B. Gurzinski, and S.Kolesov, Electronic Letters 32, 1735 (1996).
- A. Mehrotra, Cellular Radio Performance Engineering (Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1994), pp. 231-235.
- B. Golant, Illinois Superconductor Corporation, private communication.
- N. J. Boucher, The Cellular Radio Handbook (Quantum Publishing, Mill Valley, CA, 1995), p. 153.
- S. K. Remillard, L. J. Klemptner, J. D. Hodge, T. A. Freeman, P. A. Smith, and T. W. Button, in Proceedings of the SPIE Conference on High-Temperature Microwave Superconductors and Applications, Vol. 2559, J.D. Hodge, Chairman, San Diego, CA, USA, July 9-14, 1995.
- Zhi-Yuan Shen, High-Temperature Superconducting Microwave Circuits (Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1994), pp. 54-57.
- B. A. Willemsen, B. H. King, T. Dahm, and D. J. Scalapino, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 9, 4181 (1999).
- B. Willemsen, Superconductor Technologies, Inc., private communication.
- T. Dahm and D. J. Scalapino, Appl. Phys. Lett. 69, 4248 (1996).
- Field Deployable Microwave Filters Made from Superconductive Thick Films
Journal of Superconductivity
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 47-56
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- thick films
- high power
- Industry Sectors