On Compatibility Conditions for the Left Cauchy–Green Deformation Field in Three Dimensions
- Amit Acharya
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A fairly general sufficient condition for compatibility of the left Cauchy–Green deformation field in three dimensions has been derived. A related necessary condition is also indicated. The kinematical problem is phrased as a suitable problem in Riemannian geometry, whence the method of solution emerges naturally. The main result of the paper is general in scope and provides conditions for the existence of solutions to certain types of overdetermined systems of first-order, quasilinear partial differential equations with algebraic constraints.
- J.A. Blume, Compatibility conditions for a left Cauchy-Green strain field. J. Elasticity 21 (1989) 271-308.
- F.P. Duda and L.C. Martins, Compatibility conditions for the Cauchy-Green strain fields: Solutions for the plane case. J. Elasticity 39 (1995) 247-264. CrossRef
- L.P. Eisenhart, Non-Riemannian Geometry, Vol. VIII. Amer. Math. Soc. Colloquium, New York (1927).
- R.B. Gardner, The method of equivalence and its applications. In: CBMS-NSF Regional Conf. Series in Appl. Math., Vol. 58. SIAM, Philadelphia (1989).
- J.A. Schouten, Ricci-Calculus, 2nd edn. Springer, Berlin/Gottingen/Heidelberg (1954).
- I.S. Sokolnikoff, Tensor Analysis. Wiley, New York (1951).
- T.Y. Thomas, Systems of total differential equations defined over simply connected domains. Ann. Math. 35 (1934) 730-734. CrossRef
- T.Y. Thomas and A.D. Michal, Differential invariants of relative quadratic differential forms. Ann. Math. 28 (1927) 631-688. CrossRef
- O. Veblen and J.M. Thomas, Projective invariants of affine geometry of paths, Ann. Math. 27 (1926) 279-296. CrossRef
- On Compatibility Conditions for the Left Cauchy–Green Deformation Field in Three Dimensions
Journal of Elasticity
Volume 56, Issue 2 , pp 95-105
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- left Cauchy–Green deformation
- three dimensions or (3-D)
- Industry Sectors
- Amit Acharya (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 3315 DCL, 1304 W. Springfield Ave., Urbana, IL, 61801, U.S.A. E-mail