A Proposal for Extending the Nomenclature of Light-Harvesting Proteins of the Three Transmembrane Helix Type
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Dolganov NAM, Bhaya D and Grossman AR (1995) Cyanobacterial protein with similarity to the chlorophyll a/b binding proteins of higher plants: evolution and regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 636–640.
- Durnford DG, Deane JA, Tan S, McFadden GI, Gantt E and Green BR (1998) A phylogenetic assessment of the eukaryotic light-harvesrying antenna proteins, with implications for plastid evolution. J Mol Evol 48: 59–68.
- Hofmann E, Wrench PM, Sharples FP, Hiller RG, Welte W and Diederichs K (1996) Structural basis of light harvesting by carotenoids: peridinin-chlorophyll-protein from amphidinium carterae. Science 272: 1788–1791.
- Jansson S, Pichersky E, Bassi R, Green BR, Ikeuchi M, Melis A, Simpson DJ, Spangfort M, Staehelin LA and Thornber JP (1992) A nomenclature for the genes encoding the chlorophyll a/b-binding proteins of higher plants. Plant Mol Biol Reptr 10: 242–253.
- Kühlbrandt W, Wang DN and Fujiyoshi Y (1994) Atomic model of plant light-harvesting complex. Nature 367: 614–621.
- LaRoche J, Henry D, Wyman K, Sukenik A and Falkowski P (1994) Cloning and nucleotide sequence of a cDNA encoding a major fucoxanthin-, chlorophyll a/c-containing protein from the chrysophyte Isochrysis galbana: implication for evaluation of the cab gene family. Plant Mol Biol 25: 355–368.
- Price CA (1994) A nomenclature for sequenced plant genes: a brief description. Plant Mol Biol Reptr 12: S4–S9.
- Price CA, Reardon EM, and Lonsdale D (1996) A guide to naming sequenced plant genes. Plant Mol Biol 30: 225–227.
- van der Staay GWM, la Roche J, Ducret A, Aebersold R, Li R, Golden SS, Hiller RG, Wrench PM, Larkum AWD and Green BR (1996) The Chl a/b antenna from prochlorophytes is related to the iron stress induced Chl a antenna (IsiA) from cyanobacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93: 15244–15248.
- A Proposal for Extending the Nomenclature of Light-Harvesting Proteins of the Three Transmembrane Helix Type
Plant Molecular Biology Reporter
Volume 17, Issue 3 , pp 221-224
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Plant Physiology, University of Umeå, 901 87, Umeå, Sweden
- 2. Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, #3529-6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, V6T 1Z4
- 3. Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institute of Washington, 260 Panama Street, Stanford, California, 94305, USA
- 4. Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, North Ryde, NSW, 2109, Australia