An Introduction to p-adic Fields, Harmonic Analysis and the Representation Theory of SL2
- Paul J. SallyJr.Affiliated withDepartment of Mathematics, University of Chicago
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this expository article, we develop in considerable detail harmonic analysis on p-adic fields. This harmonic analysis is distinctly different from that on the real and complex numbers due to the nature of the underlying topology.
- An Introduction to p-adic Fields, Harmonic Analysis and the Representation Theory of SL2
Letters in Mathematical Physics
Volume 46, Issue 1 , pp 1-47
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- p-adic analysis
- harmonic analysis
- representation theory.
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 60637, U.S.A.