The coculture: A system for studying the regulation of liver differentiation/proliferation activity and its control
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Baffet G, Loyer P, Glaise D, Corlu A, Etienne PL, Guguen-Guillouzo C. Distinct effects of cell-cell communication and corticosteroids on the synthesis and distribution of cytokeratins in cultured rat hepatocytes. J Cell Sci. 1991; 99:609–15.
- Blouin MJ, Lamy I, Loranger A et al. Specialization switch in differentiating embryonic rat liver progenitor cells in response to sodium butyrate. Exp Cell Res. 1995;217:22–30.
- Clayton DF, Harrelson AL, Darnell JE. Dependence of liver-specific transcription on tissue organisation. Mol Cell Biol. 1985;5:2623–32.
- Cleéent B, Guguen-Guillouzo C, Campion JP, Glaise D, Bourel M, Guillouzo A. Long-term co-cultures of adult human hepatocytes with rat liver epithelial cells: modula-tion of albumin secretion and accumulation of extracellular material. Hepatology. 1984;4:373–80.
- Corlu A, Kneip B, Lhadi C et al. A plasma membrane protein is involved in cell contact-mediated regulation of tissue-speci-fic genes in adult hepatocytes. J Cell Biol. 1991;115:505–15.
- Corlu A, Ilyin GP, Gerard N et al. Tissue distribution of liver regulating protein: evidence for a cell recognition signal common to liver, pancreas, gonads and hemopoietic tissues. Am J Pathol. 1994;145:715–27.
- Coulomb B, Lebreton C, Dubertret L. Influence of human dermal fibroblasts on epidermalization. J Invest Dermatol. 1989;92:122–25.
- Etienne PL, Baffet G, Desvergne B et al. Transient expression of c-fos and constant expression of c-myc in freshly isolated and cultured normal adult rat hepatocytes. Oncogene Res. 1988;3:255–62.
- Fraslin JM, Kneip B, Vaulont S, Glaise D, Munnich A, Guguen-Guillouzo C. Dependence of hepatocyte-specific gene expression on cell-cell interactions in primary culture. EMBO J. 1985;4:2487–91.
- Geéard N, Corlu A, Kneip B et al. Liver-regulating protein (LRP) is a plasma membrane protein involved in cell contact-mediated regulation of sertoli cell function by primary spermatocytes. J Cell Sci. 1995;108:917–25.
- Guguen-Guillouzo C. Role of homotypic and heterotypic cell interactions in expression of specific functions by cultured hepatocytes. In: Guillouzo A, Guguen-Guillouzo C, eds. Isolated and cultured hepatocytes. Paris: Les Editions INSERM and John Libbey, Eurotext; 1996:259–83.
- Guguen-Guillouzo C. Isolation and culture of animal and human hepatocytes. In: Freshney RI, ed. Culture of epi-thelial cells. Glasgow: Alan R. Liss; 1992:1:197–223.
- Gurdon JB. The generation of diversity and pattern in animal development. Cell. 1992;68:185–19.
- Houssaint E. Differentiation of the mouse hepatic primordium. I. An analysis of tissue interactions in hepatocyte differen-tiation. Cell Differ. 1980;9:269–76.
- Isom HC, Georgoff I, Salditt-Georgoff V, Darness JE. Persis-tence of liver-specific messenger RNA in cultured hepato-cytes: different regulatory events for different genes. J Cell Biol. 1987;105:2877–85.
- Lerche C, Fautrel A, Shaw PM et al. Regulation of the major detoxication functions by phenobarbital and 3-methyl-cholanthrene in co-cultures of rat hepatocytes and liver epithelial cells. Eur J Biochem. 1997. [In press].
- Loreal O, Levavasseur F, Fromaget C, Gros D, Guillouzo A, Clement B. Cooperation of Ito cells and hepatocytes in the deposition of an extracellular matrix in vitro. Am J Pathol. 1993;143:538–44.
- Loyer P, Cariou S, Glaise D, Bilodeau M, Baffet G, Guguen-Guillouzo C. Growth factor-dependence of entry and prog-ression through G1 and S phases of adult rat hepatocytes in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:11484–92.
- Mendoza-Figueroa T, Hernandez A, Lopez ML, Kuharcuch W. Intracytoplasmic triglyceride accumulation produced by dexamethasone in adult rat hepatocytes cultivated on 3T3 cells. Toxicology. 1988;52:273–86.
- Mesnil M, Fraslin JM, Picolli C, Yamasaki N, Guguen-Guillouzo C. Cell contact but not junctional communica-tion (dye-coupling) with biliary epithelial cells is required for hepatocytes to maintain differentiated functions. Exp Cell Res. 1987;173:524–33.
- Morel-Chany E, Guillouzo C, Trincal G, Sazjnert MF. “Spon-taneous” neoplastic transformation in vitro of epithelial cell strains of rat liver: cytology, growth and enzymatic activ-ities. Eur J Cancer. 1978;14:1341–52.
- Morin O, Normand C. Long-term maintenance of hepatocyte functional activity in co-culture: requirements for sinusoidal endothelial cells and dexamethasone. J Cell Physiol. 1986;129:103–10.
- Nakamura T, Tomita Y, Ichihara A. Density dependent growth control of adult rat hepatocytes in primary culture. J Biochem. 1983;94:1029–35.
- Saxen L. Neural induction. Int J Dev Biol. 1989;33:21–48.
- Smith JC. Mesoderm induction and mesoderm inducing factors in early amphibian development. Development. 1989;105: 665–77.
- Theéet N, Musso O, L'Helgoualc'h A, Clement B. Activation of matrix metalloproteinase-2 from hepatic stellate cells re-quires interactions with hepatocytes. Am J Pathol. 1997; 150:51–8.
- Thorgeirsson SS. Hepatic stem cells. Am J Pathol. 1993;142: 1331–3.
- Vandenberghe Y, Morel F, Pemple S et al. Changes in expres-sion of mRNA coding for gluathione-S-transferase subunits 1-2 and 7 cultured rat hepatocytes. Mol Pharmacol. 1990; 37:372–6. ai]
- The coculture: A system for studying the regulation of liver differentiation/proliferation activity and its control
Cell Biology and Toxicology
Volume 13, Issue 4-5 , pp 235-242
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- cell recognition
- Industry Sectors