Generalized Hitchin Systems and the Knizhnik–zamolodchikov–bernard Equation on Ellipic Curves
- M. A. Olshanetsky
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The Knizhnik–Zamolodchikov–Bernard (KZB) equation on an elliptic curve with a marked point is derived by classical Hamiltonian reduction and further quantization. We consider classical Hamiltonian systems on a cotangent bundle to the loop group L(GL(N, C)) extended by the shift operators, to be related to the elliptic module. After reduction, we obtain a Hamiltonian system on a cotangent bundle to the moduli of holomorphic principle bundles and an elliptic module. It is a particular example of generalized Hitchin systems (GHS) which are defined as Hamiltonian systems on cotangent bundles to the moduli of holomorphic bundles and to the moduli of curves. They are extensions of the Hitchin systems by the inclusion the moduli of curves. In contrast with the Hitchin systems, the algebra of integrals are noncommutative on GHS. We discuss the quantization procedure in our example. The quantization of the quadratic integral leads to the KZB equation. We present an explicit form of higher quantum Hitchin integrals which, upon reducing from GHS phase space to the Hitchin phase space, gives a particular example of the Beilinson–Drinfeld commutative algebra of differential operators on the moduli of holomorphic bundles.
- Knizhnik, V. and Zamolodchikov, A.: Nuclear Phys. B 247 (1984), 83.
- Bernard, D.: Nuclear Phys. B 303 (1988), 77; Nuclear Phys. B 309 (1988), 145.
- Losev, A.: Coset construction and Bernard equation, Preprint CERN-TH.6215/91.
- Ivanov, D.: KZB equations on Riemann surfaces, hep-th/9410091.
- Hitchin, N.: Flat connections and geometric quantization, Comm. Math. Phys. 131 (1990), 347– 380.
- Axelrod, S., Della Pietra, S. and Witten, E.: Geometric quantization of the Chern–Simons gauge theory, J. Differential Geom. 33 (1991) 787–902.
- Hitchin, N.: Stable bundles and integrable systems, Duke Math. J. 54 (1987), 91–114.
- Falceto, F. and Gawedzky, K.: Chern–Simons states in genus 1, Comm. Math. Phys. 159 (1994), 471–503.
- Etingof, P. and Kirillov, A.: Representations of affine Lie algebras, paraboloc differential equations and Láme functions, Duke Math. J. 74(3) (1994), 585–614.
- Markman, E.: Spectral curves and integrable systems, Compositio Math. 93 (1994), 255–290.
- Nekrasov, N.: Holomorphic bundles and many-body systems, PUPT-1534, hep-th/9503157.
- Enriques, B. and Rubtsov, V.: Hitchin systems, higher Gaudin operators and r-matrices, Preprint (1995)
- Beilinson, A. and Drinfeld, V.: Quantization of Hitchin's fibration and and Langlands program, Preprint (1994).
- Gorsky, A. and Nekrasov, N.: Elliptic Calogero–Moser system from the two-dimensional current algebra, Preprint ITEP-NG/1-94, hep-th/9401021
- Gorsky, A. and Nekrasov, N.: Nuclear Phys. B 414 (1994), 213; Nuclear Phys. B 436 (1995), 582.
- Gibbons, J. and Hermsen, T.: A generalization of Calogero-Mozer system, Physica D 11 (1984), 337.
- Krichever, I., Babelon, O., Biley, E. and Talon, M.: Spin generalization of the Calogero–Mozer system and the matrix KP equation, Preprint LPTHE 94/42.
- Koblitz, N.: Introduction to Elliptic Curves and Modular Forms, Gradute Texts in Math. 97 Springer-Verlag, New York, 1984.
- Bernstein, J. N. and Shvartsman O. V.: Chevalley theorem for complex crystallographic groups, Funct. Anal. Appl. 12 (1978), 308–310.
- Etingof, P., Frenkel, I. and Kirillov, A.: Spherical functions on affine Lie groups, Yale preprint, hep-th/9407047.
- Kostant, B.: Lecture Notes in Math. 170, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1970.
- Feigin, B. and Frenkel, E.: Affine Kac–Moody algebras at the critical level and Gelfand–Dikii algebras, Internat. J. Modern. Phys. A 7, Suppl. 1A (1992), 197–215.
- Felder, G. and Wieczerkowski, C.: Conformal blocks on elliptic curves and the Knizhnik– Zamolodchikov–Bernard equations, Preprint, hep-th/9411004.
- Falceto, F. and Gawedzky, K.: EllipticWess–Zumino–Witten model from elliptic Chern–Simons theory, Preprint, hep-th/9502161.
- Olshanetsky, M. and Perelomov, A.: Quantum completely integrable systems connected with semisimple Lie algebras, Lett. Math. Phys. 2 (1977), 7–13.
- Generalized Hitchin Systems and the Knizhnik–zamolodchikov–bernard Equation on Ellipic Curves
Letters in Mathematical Physics
Volume 42, Issue 1 , pp 59-71
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- integrable systems
- Knizhnik–Zamolodchikov equation holomorphic bundles.
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Itep, 117259, Moscow, Russia, e-mail