Find out how to access preview-only content
The nested variant of the transitional cell bladder carcinoma: A case report and review of the literature
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The nested variant of transitional cell carcinoma is extremely rare in the bladder. Here we reported a new case and review the literature.
This revised version was published online in August 2006 with corrections to the Cover Date.
- Murphy WM, Beckwith JB, Farrow GM. Atlas of tumor pathology. Tumors of the kidney, bladder and related urinary structures, 3rd series, fascicle II. Washington, DC: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology 1994; 233: 4.
- Talbert ML, Young RH. Carcinomas of the urinary bladder with deceptively benign appearing foci: a report of three cases. Am J Surg Pathol 1989; 13: 374. CrossRef
- Sam Paik S, Hyang Park M. The nested variant of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder Br J Urol 1996; 78: 793.
- Murphy WM, Deana DG. The nested variant of transitional cell carcinoma: a neoplasm resembling proliferation of Brunn' nests. Mod Pathol 1992; 5: 240–243.
- Young RH, Scully RE. Nephrogenic adenoma. Am J Surg Pathol 1986; 10: 268–275.
- Ford TF, Watson GM, Cameron KM. Adenomatous metaplasia (nephrogenic adenoma) of urothelium: an analysis of 70 cases. Br J Urol 1985; 57: 427–433.
- Cintorino M, Del Vecchio MT, Bugnoli M et al. Cytokeratin pattern in normal and pathological bladder utothelium: immunuhistochemical investigation using monoclonal antibodies. J Urol 1988; 139: 428–432.
- Grignon DJ, Ro JY, Mackay B et al. Paraganglioma of the urinary bladder: immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and DNA flow cytometric studies. Hum Pathol 1991; 22: 1162–1169. CrossRef
- Cameron KM, Lupton CH. Inverted papilloma of the lower urinary tract. Br J Urol 1976; 48: 567–577. CrossRef
- Kunze E, Schauer A, Schmitt M. Histology and histogenesis of two different types of inverted papillomas. Cancer 1983; 51: 348–358. CrossRef
- The nested variant of the transitional cell bladder carcinoma: A case report and review of the literature
International Urology and Nephrology
Volume 32, Issue 2 , pp 257-258
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Bladder neoplasm
- Nested variant
- Transitional cell carcinoma
- Industry Sectors