Did Viking Discover Life on Mars?
- Harold P. KleinAffiliated withSETI Institute
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A major argument in the claim that life had been discovered during the Viking mission to Mars is that the results obtained in the Labeled Release (LR) experiment are analogous to those observed with terrestrial microorganisms. This assertion is critically examined and found to be implausible.
- Did Viking Discover Life on Mars?
Origins of life and evolution of the biosphere
Volume 29, Issue 6 , pp 625-631
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Harold P. Klein (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. SETI Institute, 2035 Landings Drive, Mtn. View, CA, 94043, U.S.A.