Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability: Adaptive Management
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper summarizes the recommendations from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change convened in Costa Rica in 1998. Specifically, this paper also summarizes the adaptive management science issues and, in many cases, sectoral options. The Workshop, organized by Canada and Costa Rica, involved more than 200 experts and focused on adaptation science, adaptive management and adaptation options for climate variability and change.
- MacIver, D.C.(ed.): 1998. Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change: Report on IPCC. Environment Canada.
- MacIver, D.C.(ed.): 1998. Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change: Workshop Summary. Environment Canada
- MacIver, D.C. and Klein, R.J.T.(eds): 1999. Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change: Methodological Issues. Special Issue of Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change.
- Wheaton, E.E. and MacIver, D.C.:1999. ‘A Framework and key questions for adapting to climate variability and change’, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, in press.
- Adaptation to Climate Change and Variability: Adaptive Management
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
Volume 61, Issue 1 , pp 1-8
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- adaptive management
- climate variability and change
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Atmospheric Environment Service, 4905 Dufferin Street, Downsview, Ontario, M3H 5T4, Canada
- 2. Smithsonian Institute, National Museum of Natural History, 10th and Constitution Avenue, NW Washington, DC, 20560-0180, United States