Adsorption of Reactive Dye on Chitin
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The adsorption of reactive dye on chitin has been investigated with a view to obtain the design data for batch processing of effluents for dye adsorption. The effect of several factors governing the dye adsorption such as the adsorbent concentration, adsorbent size, temperature and pH have been elicited. Desorption of the dye at different temperatures and pH have also been investigated.
- Adamson, A. W.: 1960, Physical Chemistry of Surface, Inter Science Publishers, Inc. New York.
- Annadurai, G. and Krishnan, M. R. V.: 1996, ‘Adsorption of basic dye on chitin’, Indian. J. Environmental Protection 16(6), 444–449.
- Asfour, H. M., Nasser, M. M., Fadali, O. A. and EI-Geundi, M. S.: 1985, ‘Colour removal from Textile effluents using hardwood sawdust as an adsorbent’, J. Chem. Tech. Biotech. 35, 28–35.
- Austin, P. R., Brine, C. J., Castle, J. E. and Zikakis, J. P.: 1981 ‘Chitin: New facets of research’, Science 212, 749–769.
- Hiroyuki, Y., Kihioe, O. and Kataoka, T.: 1993, ‘Adsorption of acid dye on cross-linked chitosan fibers: Equilibria’, Chemical Engineering Science 48, 2265–2271.
- Kasaka, S., Sakata, Y., Tanaka, Y. and Maitoh, R.: 1987, ‘Design of molecular sieving carbon-studies on adsorption of various dyes in liquid phase’, J. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 20, 2260–2266.
- Langergren, S. Bill and Svenska, K.: 1898, Vakenskapaksad Handl, 24.
- Mall, I. D. and Upadhyay, S. N.: 1995, ‘Removal of basic dyes from wastewater using boiler bottom Ash’, Indian J. Environ. Health 37, 1–10.
- McKay, G., Blair, H. S. and Gardner J. R.: 1982, ‘Adsorption of dyes on chitin’, I. Equilibrium studies, J. Appl. Poly. Sci. 27, 3043–3057.
- McKay, G.: 1983, ‘The adsorption of dyestuffs from aqueous solution using activated carbon: analytical solution for batch adsorption based on external mass transfer and pore diffusion’, Chem. Eng. J. 27, 187–196.
- Muzzarelli, R. A. A. Chitin: 1977, Pergamon press, Tany town, NY, pp. 184–192.
- Namita, D. and Manzoor, A.: 1993a, ‘Dye adsorption by a new low cost material: Congo Red-1’, Indian J. of Environmental Protection 13, 496–508.
- Namita, D. and Manzoor, A.: 1993b, ‘Dye adsorption by a new low cost material: Congo Red-2’, Indian J. of Environmental Protection 13, 570–576.
- Weber, W. J. and Morris, J. C.: 1964, in W. W. Koken (ed.), Advances in Water Pollution, Felder pergamon press.
- Adsorption of Reactive Dye on Chitin
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
Volume 59, Issue 1 , pp 111-119
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- adsorbent concentration
- adsorbent size
- reactive dye
- Industry Sectors