Speech and Spending: Corporate Political Speech Rights under the First Amendment
- Aditi Gowri
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Anon: 1982, ‘Constitutional Rights of the Corporate Person’, The Yale Law Journal 91, 1641–1658. Unsigned note.
- Baker, Edwin: 1982, ‘Realizing Self-Realization: Corporate Political Expenditures and Redish's The Value of Free Speech’, University of Pennsylvania Law Review 130, 646–677.
- Barron, Jerome A. and C. Thomas Dienes: 1993, First Amendment Law in a Nutshell(West, St. Paul, MN).
- Berger, Peter and Thomas Luckmann: 1966, The Social Construction of Reality(Anchor Books, New York).
- Brudney, Victor: 1981, ‘Business Corporations and Stockholders' Rights Under the First Amendment’, Yale Law Journal 91, 235–295.
- DeGeorge, Richard T.: 1981, ‘Ethical Responsibilities of Engineers in Large Organizations: The Pinto Case’, reprinted in: Larry May and Stacey Hoffman (eds.), Collective Responsibility(Rowman & Littlefield, Savage, MD, 1991).
- Dworkin, Ronald: 1993, ‘Women and Pornography’, The New York Review(October 21), 36–43.
- Fishman, Ted C.: 1997, ‘The Joys of Global Investment’, Harper's Magazine 294(February), 35–42
- French, Peter: 1979, ‘The Corporation as a Moral Person’, American Philosophical Quarterly 16, 207- 215.
- Hatano, Daryl G.: 1984, ‘Should Corporations Exercise their Freedom of Speech Rights?’, American Business Law Journal 22, 165–187.
- Horwitz, Morton J.: 1987, ‘Santa Clara Revisited: The Development of Corporate Theory’, in: Warren Samuels and Arthur Miller (eds.), Corporations and Society(Greenwood).
- May, Larry: 1983, ‘Vicarious Agency and Corporate Responsibility’, Philosophical Studies 43, 69–82.
- Monks, Robert and Nell Minow: 1991, Power and Accountability(HarperCollins).
- Nesteruk, Jeffrey: 1988, ‘Bellottiand the Question of Corporate Moral Agency’, Columbia Business Law Review(1988), 683–703.
- O'Kelley, Charles R.: 1979, ‘The Constitutional Rights of Corporations Revisited: Social and Political Expression and the Corporation after First National Bank v. Bellotti’, The Georgetown Law Journal 67, 1347–1383.
- Patton, William and Randall Bartlett: 1981, ‘Corporate “Persons” and Freedom of Speech: The Political Impact of Legal Mythology’, Wisconsin Law Review(1981), 494–512.
- Prentice, Robert A.: 1981, ‘Consolidated Edisonand Bellotti: First Amendment Protection of Corporate Political Speech’, Tulsa Law Journal 16, 599–657.
- Rafalko, Robert J.: 1989, ‘Corporate Punishment: A Proposal’, Journal of Business Ethics 8, 917–928.
- Rome, Edwin P. and William H. Roberts: 1980, ‘Bellottiand the First Amendment: A New Era in Corporate Speech?’, The Corporation Law Review 3, 28–49.
- Ross, Susan L.: 1985, ‘Corporate Speech on Political Issues: The First Amendment in Conflict with Democratic Ideals?’, University of Illinois Law Review(1985), 445–469.
- Saul, John Ralston: 1994, The Doubter's Companion: A Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense(Penguin Books).
- Schneider, Carl E.: 1986, ‘Free Speech and Corporate Freedom: A Comment on First National Bank of Boston v. Bellotti’, Southern California Law Review 59, 1227–1291.
- Shaw, Bill: 1982, ‘Corporate Speech in the Marketplace of Ideas’, The Journal of Corporate Law 7, 265–283.
- Shaw, Bill, Sandra Hurd and Mark Bader: 1984, ‘Corporate Political Speech and the First Speech and Spending1859 Amendment’, Oklahoma City University Law Review 9, 271–291.
- Stone, Christopher: 1975, Where the Law Ends: The Social Control of Corporate Behavior(Harper & Row).
- Wright, J. Skelly: 1984, On Courts and Democracy. Arthur Miller (ed.) (Greenwood).
- Wright, J. Skelly: 1982, ‘Money and the Pollution of Politics: Is the First Amendment an Obstacle to Political Equality?’, in Wright 1984: 99–135.
- Wright, J. Skelly: 1976, ‘Politics and the Constitution: Is Money Speech?’, in Wright 1984: 75–95.
- Speech and Spending: Corporate Political Speech Rights under the First Amendment
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 17, Issue 16 , pp 1835-1860
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors