One-step partial purification of Solanum tuberosum tuber lectin using magnetic chitosan particles
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A one-step procedure for a partial purification of Solanum tuberosum tuber lectin has been developed. Lectin from tuber extract or from potato wastewater was adsorbed to magnetic chitosan particles and eluted with low pH buffer. The specific activity of separated lectin increased 13 times during the purification process and the recovery was 50%.
- Bendikene VG, Juodka BA, Kazlauskas RM, Tautkus CA, Matulionis EA, Sudavichius AA (1995) Immobilization of enzymes on carriers with magnetic properties. Preparation and characterization of magnetic derivatives of chitin. Appl. Biochem. Microbiol. 31: 335–340.
- Bradford MM (1976) A rapid and sensitive method for quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 72: 248–254.
- Dessai NN, Allen AK (1979) The purification of potato lectin by affinity chromatography on an N-,N'-,N”-riacetylchitotriose-Sepharose matrix. Anal. Biochem. 93: 88–90.
- Honda H, Kawabe A, Shinkai A, Kobayashi T (1998) Developmentof chitosan-conjugated magnetite for magnetic cell separation. J. Ferment. Bioeng. 86: 191–196.
- Kopáček P, Vogt R, Jindrák L, Weise C, Šafařík I (1999) Purification and characterization of the lysozyme from the gut of the oft tick Ornithodoros moubata. Insect Biochem. Mol. Biol. 29: 989–997.
- Owens RJ, Northcote DH (1980) The purification of potato lectin by affinity chromatography on fetuin-Sepharose matrix. Phytochemistry 19: 1861–1862.
- Šafařík I (1991) Magnetic biospecific affinity adsorbents for lysozyme isolation. Biotechnol. Tech. 5: 111–114.
- Šafařík I (1995) Removal of organic polycyclic compounds from water solutions with a magnetic chitosan based sorbent earing copper phthalocyanine dye. Water Res. 29: 101–105.
- Šafařík I, Šafaříková M (1993) Batch isolation of hen egg white lysozyme with magnetic chitin. J. Biochem. Biophys. Meth. 27: 327–330.
- Šafařík I, Šafaříková M (1997) Overview of magnetic separations used in biochemical and biotechnological applications. In: Häfeli U, Schütt W, Teller J, Zborowski M, eds. Scientific and Clinical Applications of Magnetic Carriers. New York: Plenum Press, pp. 323–340.
- Šafařík I, Šafaříková M (1999) Use of magnetic techniques for the isolation of cells. J. Chromatogr. B 722: 33–53.
- Šafaříková M, Nymburská K, Blažek Z, Šafařík I (1996) Rapid removal of magnetic particles from large volumes of suspensions. Biotechnol. Tech. 10: 391–394.
- Wierzba-Arabska E, Morawiecka B (1987) Purification and properties of lectin from potato tubers and leaves; interaction with acid phosphatase from potato tuber. Acta Biochim. Pol. 34: 407–420.
- One-step partial purification of Solanum tuberosum tuber lectin using magnetic chitosan particles
Volume 22, Issue 11 , pp 941-945
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- magnetic particles
- Solanum tuberosum
- Industry Sectors