ENSO Events Recorded in the Guliya Ice Core
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Based on the ENSO chronology and climatic information recovered from the Guliya ice core in the Tibetan Plateau, China, the ENSO teleconnection was investigated. The results showed that the negative precipitation anomalies are significantly associated with El Niño years but poorly with negative anomaly of δ 18O. Thus, the ice core records can be used as an archive of extremely global climate anomalies such as ENSO events.
- ENSO Events Recorded in the Guliya Ice Core
Volume 47, Issue 4 , pp 401-409
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, 730000, China
- 2. Byrd Polar Research Center, Ohio State University, 1090 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH, 43210, U.S.A.