Revised Rules of Procedure for the IPCC Process
- Tora Skodvin
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)held its fifteenth Plenary session in San Jose, CostaRica in April, 1999. One major item on the agenda wasthe adoption of a revised set of rules of procedurefor the Panel's work with its Third Assessment Report(TAR). The IPCC process is already a time-consumingand cumbersome process, and the new rules of procedureadopted at the fifteenth Plenary session adds furthercomplexity and bureaucracy to the process.
- Agrawala, S.: 1998a, ‘Context and Early Origins of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’, Clim. Change 39, 605–620.
- Agrawala, S.: 1998b, ‘Structural and Process History of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’, Clim. Change 39, 621–642.
- Edwards, P. N. and Schneider, S.: 2000, ‘Self-Governance and Peer Review in Science-for-Policy: The Case of the IPCC Second Assessment Report’, in Miller, C. and Edwards, P. N. (eds.), Changing the Atmosphere: Expert Knowledge and Global Environmental Governance, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, in press.
- IPCC: 1992, Report of the Eighth Plenary Session of the WMO/UNEP Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 11-13 November 1992, Harare, Zimbabwe.
- IPCC: 1993, ‘IPCC Procedures for Preparation, Review, Acceptance, Approval and Publication of its Reports’, cited from Appendix G, to Draft Report of the Ninth Session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Geneva, June, 1993), IPCC-X/Doc. 2.
- IPCC: 1999, Principles Governing IPCC Work, Appendix A: ‘Procedures for the Preparation, Review, Acceptance, Adoption, Approval and Publication of IPCC Reports’, Approved at the Fifteenth Plenary Session of the IPCC, 15-18 April 1999, San Jose, Costa Rica, IPCC Secretariat, 3 June 1999.
- Masood, E.: 1997, ‘Battling for Science Takes its Toll on UN Climate Panel Stewarts’, Nature 390, 649.
- Skodvin, T.: 2000, Structure and Agent in the Scientific Diplomacy of Climate Change, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, in press.
- Revised Rules of Procedure for the IPCC Process
Volume 46, Issue 4 , pp 409-415
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Tora Skodvin (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Center for International Climate and Environmental Research – Oslo (CICERO), University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1129, Blindern, N-0317, Oslo, Norway