Country-Specific Market Impacts of Climate Change
- Robert MendelsohnAffiliated withYale FES
- , Wendy MorrisonAffiliated withMiddlebury College
- , Michael E. SchlesingerAffiliated withUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- , Natalia G. AndronovaAffiliated withUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We develop a new climate-impact model, theGlobal Impact Model (GIM), which combines futurescenarios, detailed spatial simulations by generalcirculation models (GCMs), sectoral features,climate-response functions, and adaptation to generatecountry-specific impacts by market sector. Estimatesare made for three future scenarios, two GCMs, andtwo climate-response functions – a reduced-form modeland a cross-sectional model. Combining empiricallybased response functions, sectoral data by country,and careful climate forecasts gives analysts a morepowerful tool for estimating market impacts. GIMpredicts that country specific results vary, implyingthat research in this area is likely to bepolicy-relevant.
- Country-Specific Market Impacts of Climate Change
Volume 45, Issue 3-4 , pp 553-569
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Yale FES, 360 Prospect St., New Haven, CT, 06511, U.S.A.
- 2. Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, U.S.A.
- 3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 105 South Gregory Avenue, Urbana, IL, 61801, U.S.A.