What is the origin of 3-methylglutaconic acid?
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Casey ML, MacDonald PC, Simpson ER (1992) Endocrinological changes of pregnancy. In Wilson JD, Foster DW, eds. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology, 8th edn. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 977–991.
- Chalmers RA, Lawson AM (1982) Organic Acids in Man. London: Chapman and Hall, 458.
- de Koning TJ, Duran M, Dorland L, Berger R, Poll-The BT (1996) Maternal 3-methylglutaconic aciduria associated with abnormalities in offspring. Lancet 348: 887–888.
- Edmond J, Popjak G (1974) Transfer of carbon atoms from mevalonate to n-fatty acids. J Biol Chem 249: 66–71.
- Gibson K, Hoffman G, Schwall A, et al (1990) 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutarylcoenzyme A reductase activity in cultured fibroblasts from patients with mevalonate kinase deficiency: Differential response to lipid supplied by fetal bovine serum in tissue culture medium. J Lipid Res 31: 515–521.
- Ibel H, Endres W, Hadorn H-B, et al (1993) Multiple respiratory chain abnormalities associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. Eur J Pediatr 152: 665–670.
- Kelley RI, Kratz L (1995) 3-Methylglutaconic acidemia in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Pediatr Res 37: 671–674.
- Kelley RI, Cheatham JP, Clark BJ, et al (1991) X-linked dilated cardiomyopathy with neutropenia, growth retardation and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. J Pediatr 119: 738–747.
- Kuhara T, Matsumoto I, Saiki K, Takabayashi H, Kuwabara S (1992) 3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in two adults. Clin Chim Acta 207: 151–153.
- Schroepfer GJ (1981) Sterol biosynthesis. Annu Rev Biochem 50: 585–621.
- Sweetman L, Williams JC (1995) Branched chain organic acidurias. In Scriver CR, Beaudet AL, Sly WS, Valle D, eds. The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease, 7th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1387–1422.
- von Dobeln U, Hagenfeldt L (1997) On the biochemical origin of urinary 3-methylglutaconate. J Inher Metab Dis 20 (supplement 1): 38.
- Walsh R, Conway H, Roche G, Naughten E, Mayne PD (1997) 3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in pregnancy. Lancet 349: 776.
- What is the origin of 3-methylglutaconic acid?
Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease
Volume 22, Issue 3 , pp 251-255
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors