Introduction: Exploring the Relationships Among Aging, Ethnicity, and Family Dementia Caregiving
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Advisory Panel on Alzheimer's Disease 1992 Fourth Report on Advisory Panel on Alzheimer's Disease, 1992. NIH Pub. No. 93–3520. Washington, DC: Supt. Of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.
- Alonso, A.M. 1994 The Politics of Space, Time and Substance: State Formation, Nationalism, and Ethnicity. Annual Review of Anthropology 23: 379–404.
- Angel, J.L., D.P. Hogan 1994 The Demography of Minority Aging Populations. In G.S.A. Task Force on Minority Elders (eds.) Minority Elders: Five Goals Toward Building a Public Policy Base. Washington DC: Gerontological Society of America.
- Aranda, M.P., B.G. Knight 1997 The Influence of Ethnicity and Culture on the Caregiver Stress and Coping Process: A Sociocultural Review and Analysis. Gerontologist 37: 342–354.
- Banks, M. 1996 Ethnicity: Anthropological Constructions. London: Routledge.
- Barth, F. 1969 Ethnic Groups and Boundaries. The Social Organization of Culture Difference. Little Brown and Company.
- 1994 Enduring and Emerging Issues in the Analysis of Ethnicity. In H. Vermeulen and C. Govers (eds.) The Anthropology of Ethnicity (pp. 11–32). Amsterdam: Het Spinhuis.
- Connell, C.M., G.D. Gibson 1997 Racial, Ethnic and Cultural Differences in Dementia Caregiving: Review and Analysis. Gerontologist 37: 355–364.
- Desjarlais, R., L. Eisenberg, B. Good, A. Kleinman 1995 World Mental Health. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Dilworth-Anderson, P., N.B. Anderson 1994 Dementia Caregiving in Blacks: A Contextual Approach to Research. In E. Light, G. Niederehe, and B.D. Lebowitz (eds.) Stress Effects of Family Caregivers of Alzheimer's patients. New York: Springer.
- Fischer, M.J. 1986 Ethnicity and the Post-Modern Arts of Memory. In J. Clifford and G.E. Markus (eds.) Writing Culture: The Poetics and Politics of Ethnography (pp. 194–233). Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Harwood, A.H. 1981 Introduction. In A. Harwood (ed.) Ethnicity and Medical Care. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
- Henderson, J.N. 1990 Anthropology, Health, and Aging. In R.L. Rubinstein (ed.) Anthropology and Aging. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- 1994 Ethnic and Racial Issues. In J.F. Gubrium and A. Sankar (eds.) Qualitative Methods in Aging Research. New York: Sage.
- Holzberg, C.S. 1982 Ethnicity and Aging: Anthropological Perspectives on More Than Just Minority Elderly. Gerontologist 22: 249–257.
- Kramer, B.J., J.C. Barker 1994 Ethnicity in the Elderly. Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology 9: 403–417.
- Levkoff, S., I. MacArthur, J. Bucknall 1995 Elderly Mental Health in the Developing World. Soc Sci Med 41: 983–1003.
- Levkoff, S., B. Lui, S. Fung, L. Hinton, K. Chang 1998 The Evolution of a Culturally Distinct Support Groups for Chinese Caregivers of Dementia-Impaired Elders: Trial and Error. Alzheimer's Reports 1(2): 734–4432.
- Luborsky, M.R., R.L. Rubinstein 1990 Ethnic Identity and Bereavement in Later Life: The Case of Older Widowers. In J. Sokolovsky (ed.) Cultural Context of Aging (pp. 229–244). New York: Bergin & Garvey.
- Marcus, G.E., M.J. Fischer 1986 Anthropology as Cultural Critique. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Myeroff, B. 1992 Life Not Death in Venice: Its Second life. In M. Kaminsky (ed.) Remembered Lives: The Work of Ritual, Storytelling, and Growing Older. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- Ortner, S.B. 1984 Theory in Anthropology Since the Sixties. Comparative Studies in Society and History 26: 126–166.
- Pearlin, L.I., J.T. Mullan, S.J. Temple, M.M. Skaff 1990 Caregiving and the Stress Process: An Overview of Concepts and Their Measures. Gerontologist 30: 583–594.
- Phinney, J.S. 1996 When We Talk about American Ethnic Groups, What do We Mean? Am Psychol 51: 918–927.
- Schulz, R. 1995 Psychiatric and Physical Morbidity Effects of Dementia Caregiving: Prevalence, Correlates, and Causes. Gerontologist 35: 771–791.
- Waters, M.C. 1990 Ethnic Options: Choosing Identities in America. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Waters, M.C. 1994 West Indian Immigrants, African-Americans and Whites in the Workplace. Presented at Annu. Meet. Am. Sociol. Assoc., Los Angeles.
- Waters, M.C., K. Eschbach 1995 Immigration and Ethnic and Racial Inequality in the United States. Annu Rev Sociol 21: 419–446.
- Wykle, M., B. Kaskel 1994 Increasing the Longevity of Minority Older Adults through Improved Health Status. In G.S.A. Task Force on Minority Elders (eds.) Minority Elders: Five Goals Toward Building a Public Policy Base. Washington DC: Gerontological Society of America.
- Introduction: Exploring the Relationships Among Aging, Ethnicity, and Family Dementia Caregiving
Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry
Volume 23, Issue 4 , pp 403-413
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links