Efficient Adaptation to Climate Change
- Robert MendelsohnAffiliated withYale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Firms and individuals will likelyengage in substantial private adaptation with respectto climate change in such sectors as farming, energy,timber, and recreation because it is in their interestto do so. The shared benefit nature of jointadaptation, however, will cause individuals tounderprovide joint adaptation in such areas as watercontrol, sea walls, and ecological management. Governments need to start thinking about jointadaptation, being careful to design efficientresponses which treat climate change problems as theyarise.
- Efficient Adaptation to Climate Change
Volume 45, Issue 3-4 , pp 583-600
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 360 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT, 06511, U.S.A.