Brief Report: Recognition of Autism Spectrum Disorder Before One Year of Age: A Retrospective Study Based on Home Videotapes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Adrien, J. L., Faure, M., Perrot, A., Hameury, L., Garreau, B., Barthelemy, C., & Sauvage, D. (1991). Autism and family home movies: Preliminary findings. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities, 21, 43–49.
- Adrien, J. L., Lenoir, P., Martineau, J., Perot, A., Hameury, L., Larmande, C., & Sauvage, D. (1993). Blind ratings of early symptoms of autism based upon family home movies. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 33, 617–625.
- American Psychiatric Association. (1987). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (3rd ed., Rev.). Washington, DC: Authors.
- Baranek. G. T. (1999). Autism during infancy: A retrospective video analysis of sensory-motor and social behaviors at 9–12 months of age. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 29, 213–224.
- Camp, B., Burgess, D., Morgan, L., & Zerbe, G. (1987). A longitudinal study of infant vocalizations in the first year. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 12, 321–331.
- Dawson, G., & Osterling, J. (1997). Early intervention in autism: Effectiveness and common elements of current approaches. In ?? Guralnick (Ed.), The effectiveness of early intervention: Second generation research (pp. 307–326). Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes.
- Dawson, G., Meltzoff, A., Osterling, J., Rinaldi, J., & Brown. E. (1998). Children with autism fail to orient to naturally-occurring social stimuli. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 28, 479–485.
- Dawson, G., Meltzoff, A., Osterling, J., & Rinaldi, J. (1998). Neuropsychological correlates of early symptoms of autism. Child Development, 68, 1276–1285.
- Losche, G. (1990). Sensorimotor and action development in autistic children from infancy to early childhood. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 31, 749–761.
- McCall, R., Eichorn, D., & Hogarty, P. (1977). Transitions in early mental development. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 42, 108.
- Mundy, P., Sigman, J., Ungerer, J. A., & Sherman, T. (1986). Defining the social deficits in autism: The contribution of nonverbal communication measures. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 27, 657–669.
- Ornitz, E. M., Guthrie, D., & Farley, A. H. (1977). The early development of autistic children. Journal of Autism and Childhood Schizophrenia, 7, 207–229.
- Osterling, J., & Dawson, G. (1994). Early recognition of children with autism: A study of first birthday home video tapes. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 24, 247–257.
- Osterling, J., & Dawson, G. (1999). Early identification of one-yearold with autism versus mental retardation. Poster presented at the 1999 meeting of the Society of Research in Child Development, Alburquerque, NM.
- Siegel, B., Pliner, C., Eschler, J. & Elliot, G. R. (1988). How children with autism are diagnosed: Difficulties in identification of children with multiple developmental delays. Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 9(4), 199–204.
- Smith, I., & Bryson, S. (1994). Imitation and action in autism: A critical review. Psychological Bulletin, 116, 259–273.
- Stern, D. (1985). The interpersonal world of the infant. New York: Basic Books.
- Stoel-Gammon, C. (1992). Prelinguistic vocal development: Measurements and predictions. In C. A. Ferguson, L. Menn, & C. Stoel-Gammon (Eds.), Phonological development: Models, research, implications (pp. 439–456). Timonium, MD: York.
- Stoel-Gammon, C., & Cooper, J. (1984). Patterns of early lexical and phonological development. Journal of Child Language, 11, 247–271.
- Vihman, M. M., Ferguson, C. A., & Elbert, M. (1986). Phonological development from babbling to speech: Common tendencies and individual differences. Applied Psycholinguistics, 7, 3–40.
- Brief Report: Recognition of Autism Spectrum Disorder Before One Year of Age: A Retrospective Study Based on Home Videotapes
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 30, Issue 2 , pp 157-162
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors