An Operational Logic of Proofs with Positive and Negative Information
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The logic of proofs was introduced by Artemov in order to analize the formalization of the concept of proof rather than the concept of provability. In this context, some operations on proofs play a very important role. In this paper, we investigate some very natural operations, paying attention not only to positive information, but also to negative information (i.e. information saying that something cannot be a proof). We give a formalization for a fragment of such a logic of proofs, and we prove that our fragment is complete and decidable.
- S. Artemov, T. Styrassen, ‘The basic Logic of Proofs’, Computer Science and Logic, 6th Workshop CSL 92, San Miniato, Italy, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 702, Springer Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1993, pp. 14–28.
- S. Artemov, ‘Logics of Proofs’, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 67 (1992), 25–59.
- S. Artemov, Dynamic Logic of Proofs, Extended Abstract, Amsterdam 1994.
- G. Boolos, The Unprovability of Consistency. An Essay in Modal Logic, Cambridge University Press 1979.
- G. Boolos, The Logic of Provability, Cambridge Press, Cambridge 1993.
- S. Buss, ‘The undecidability of k-provability’, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 53 (1991), 72–102.
- S. Feferman, ‘Arithmetization of metamathematics in a general setting’, Fundamenta Mathematicae 1960, 35–95.
- J. Krajicek, P. Pudlak, ‘The number of proof lines and the size of proofs in first order logic’, Archive for Mathematical Logic 27 (1988), 69–84.
- R. J. Parikh, ‘Some results on the length of proofs’, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 177 (1973), 29–36.
- C. SmoryŃski, Self Reference and Modal Logic, Springer Varlag, New York, Berlin, Heidelberg, Tokyo 1985.
- R. Solovay, ‘Provability interpretations of modal logic’, Israel Journal of Mathematics 25 (1976), 357–374.
- G. Takeuti, Proof Theory, North Holland, Amsterdam 1980.
- V. Vardanjan, ‘Arithmetical complexity of predicate logics of provability and their fragments’, Doklady Akademii Nauk SSRR 288 (1986), 11–14.
- An Operational Logic of Proofs with Positive and Negative Information
Volume 63, Issue 1 , pp 7-25
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- provability logic
- logic of proofs
- proof theory