Anosov Diffeomorphisms on Nilmanifolds of Dimension at Most Six
- Wim Malfait
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A complete classification of nilmanifolds of dimension smaller than or equal to six supporting Anosov diffeomorphisms is presented. This is obtained by solving the equivalent problem of determining the torsion-free nilpotent groups of rank at most six which admit hyperbolic automorphisms.
- Cassidy, C., Kennedy, N., and Scevenels, D.: Hyperbolic automorphisms for groups in T(4,2), Preprint, 1999.
- Grunewald, F. J., Segal, D., and Sterling, L. S.: Nilpotent groups of Hirsch length six, Math. Z. 179 (1982), 219-235.
- Manning, A.: There are no new Anosov diffeomorphisms on tori, Amer. J. Math. 96 (3) (1974), pp. 422-429.
- Porteous, H. L.: Anosov diffeomorphisms of flat manifolds, Topology 11 (1972), pp. 307-315.
- Shub, M.: Endomorphisms of compact differentiable manifolds, Amer. J. Math. 91 (1969), pp. 175-199.
- Smale, S.: Differentiable dynamical systems, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 73 (1967), 747-817.
- Anosov Diffeomorphisms on Nilmanifolds of Dimension at Most Six
Volume 79, Issue 3 , pp 291-298
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Anosov diffeomorphism
- hyperbolic automorphism
- finitely generated torsion-free nilpotent group
- Industry Sectors
- Wim Malfait (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Kortrijk, 8500, Kortrijk, Belgium