Decision Making in `Random in a Broad Sense' Environments
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown that the uncertainty connected with a `random in a broad sense' (not necessarily stochastic) event always has some `statistical regularity' (SR) in the form of a family of finite-additive probability distributions. The specific principle of guaranteed result in decision making is introduced. It is shown that observing this principle of guaranteed result leads to determine the one optimality criterion corresponding to a decision system with a given `statistical regularity'.
- Bell, D., Raiffa, H., Tversky, A. eds. (1991) Decision Making. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Borel, E. (1961) Probabilité et certitude. P.U.F., Paris
- Cramer, H. (1958) Mathematical Methods of Statistics. Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton
- Dacunha-Castelle, D. (1996) Chemins de l'aléatoire. Flammarion, Paris
- Edwards, R.E. (1965) Functional Analysis, Theory and Applications. Holt, Rinehart & Winston, New York
- Ivanenko V.I. & Labkovsky, V.A. (1990), The Uncertainty Problem in Decision Making, Naukova Dumka, Kiev (book in Russian).
- Ivanenko, V.I. & Labkovsky, V.A. (1986), On the functional dependence between the available information and the chosen optimality principle, in Stochastic Optimization, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer-Verlag, 388–392.
- Ivanenko, V.I., Zorych, I.V. (1997) On the G(l)-independence of two sequences and their joint statistical regularity. Kibernetika i sistemnyij analiz 2: pp. 91-99
- Ivanenko, V.I., Munier, B., Zorych, I.V. (1997) On the construction of the regularity of statistically unstable sequences. Problemy upravleniya i informatiki 4: pp. 119-122
- Kelley, J.L. (1957) General Topology. D. Van Nostrand Company, Princeton, N.J.
- Knight, F.H. (1921) Risk, Uncertainty and Profit. Houghton Mifflin, Boston
- Kolmogorov, A.N. (1991) On a Logical Foundation of Probability Theory, Algorithm, Information, Complexity. Mathematics and Cybernetics 1: pp. 42-44
- Luce, R.D., Raiffa, H. (1957) Games and Decisions. Wiley, New York
- Munier, B.R. (1991) Market Uncertainty and the Process of Belief Formation. Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 4: pp. 233-250
- Munier, B.R. Complexity and Strategic Decision under Uncertainty: How Can we Adapt the Theory?. In: Munier, B.R. eds. (1995) Markets, Risk and Money. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston
- Vilkas, E.J. (1979), Axiomatic Approach to Optimality Principles, in Modern State of Operations Research, Moskva, 101–115 (in Russian).
- Decision Making in `Random in a Broad Sense' Environments
Theory and Decision
Volume 49, Issue 2 , pp 127-150
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Random in a broad sense phenomena
- Statistical regularity
- Principle of guaranteed result
- Optimality criterion choice
- Industry Sectors