A Nonmonotonic Modal Formalization of the Logic of Acceptance and Rejection
- Anna Gomolińska
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The problems we deal with concern reasoning about incomplete knowledge. Knowledge is understood as ability of an ideal rational agent to make decisions about pieces of information. The formalisms we are particularly interested in are Moore's autoepistemic logic (AEL) and its variant, the logic of acceptance and rejection (AEL2). It is well-known that AEL may be seen as the nonmonotonic KD45 modal logic. The aim is to give an appropriate modal formalization for AEL2.
- Chellas, B. F., 1980, Modal Logic: An Introduction, Cambridge University Press, New York.
- Hughes, G. E. and Cresswell, M. J., 1984, A Companion to Modal Logic, Methuen, London and New York.
- GomoliŃska, A., 1993, 'On Logical Methods of Knowledge Representation with Incomplete Information' (in Polish). Ph. D. dissertation, University of Warsaw.
- GomoliŃska A., 1994, On the Logic of Acceptance and Rejection, Uppsala Prints and Preprints in Philosophy, 7.
- Moore, R. C., 1985, 'Semantical Considerations on Nonmonotonic Logic, ' Artificial Intelligence, 25(1), 75-94.
- Moore, R. C., 1987, 'Possible-World Semantics for Autoepistemic Logic', in Readings in Nonmonotonic Reasoning, M. L. Ginsberg ed., Morgan Kaufmann, 137-142.
- Pogorzelski, W. A., 1975, The Classical Propositional Calculus (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa.
- Pogorzelski, W. A., 1994, Notions and Theorems of Elementary Formal Logic, Warsaw University — Białystok Division.
- Schwarz, G., 1990, 'Autoepistemic Modal Logics', in Proceedings of the 3rd Conference TARK (1990), R. Parikh ed., Morgan Kaufmann, 97-109.
- Schwarz, G., 1991, 'Autoepistemic Logic of Knowledge', in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Reasoning, A. Nerode, W. Marek, and V. S. Subrahmanian eds., MIT Press, 260-274.
- Stalnaker, R., 1993, 'A Note on Nonmonotonic Modal Logic', Artificial Intelligence, 64(2), 183-196.
- A Nonmonotonic Modal Formalization of the Logic of Acceptance and Rejection
Volume 58, Issue 1 , pp 113-127
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- autoepistemic logic
- nonmonotonic modal logics
- possible-world semantics
- Anna Gomolińska (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Bialystok Division Akademicka 2, Institute of Mathematics University of Warsaw, 15-267, Bialystok, Poland