Order relations among efficient decision rules
- Jacob Paroush
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The paper introduces the concept of polar decision rules and establishes that majority rules are polar rules. We identify second best rules and penultimate rules in cases that majority rules are optimal or the most inferior, respectively. We especially specify the almost expert rule and the almost majority rule as the secondary rules of the expert and majority rules, respectively.
- Berend, D. and Harmse, J.E.: 1993, ‘Expert Rule Versus Majority Rule under Partial Information’, Theory and Decision 35, 179-197.
- Nitzan, S. and Paroush, J.: 1982, ‘Optimal Decision Rules in Uncertain Dichotomous Choice Situation’, International Economic Review 23, 289-297.
- Nitzan, S. and Paroush, J.: 1985, Collective Decision Making: An Economic Outlook, Cambridge: University Press.
- Karotkin, D.: 1986, ‘Economic aspects of collective decision making under uncertainty’, Ph.D. Thesis, Bar-Ilan University.
- Karotkin, D.: 1993, ‘Inferiority of Restricted majority Decision Rules’, Public Choice 77, 249-258.
- Karotkin, D., Nitzan, S., and Paroush, J.: 1988, ‘The Essential Ranking of Decision Rules in Small Panels of Experts’, Theory and Decision 24, 243-268.
- Karotkin, D. and Paroush, J.: 19XX, ‘Variability of Decision Ability and Essential Order of Decision Rules’, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 23, 343-354.
- Paroush, J.: 1990, ‘Multi-Choice Problems and the Essential Order among Decision Rules’, Economics Letters 32, 121-125.
- Shapley, L. and Grofman, B.: 1984, ‘Optimizing Group Judgemental Accuracy in the Presence of Independencies’, Public Choice 43, 329-343.
- Order relations among efficient decision rules
Theory and Decision
Volume 43, Issue 3 , pp 209-218
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Order relations
- decision rules
- polar rules
- Industry Sectors
- Jacob Paroush (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University, 52900, Ramat-Gan, Israel