Two-Dimensional Potts Model and Annular Partitions
- C. King
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Using the random cluster expansion, correlations of the Potts model on a graph can be expressed as sums over partitions of the vertices where the spins are fixed. For a planar graph, only certain partitions can occur in these sums. For example, when all fixed spins lie on the boundary of one face, only noncrossing partitions contribute. In this paper we examine the partitions which occur when fixed spins lie on the boundaries of two disjoint faces. We call these the annular partitions, and we establish some of their basic properties. In particular we demonstrate a partial duality for these partitions, and show some implications for correlations of the Potts model.
- F. Y. Wu, The Potts model, Reviews of Modern Physics 54:235-268 (1982).
- R. P. Stanley, Enumerative Combinatorics 1, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Vol. 49 (Cambridge University Press, 1997).
- P. W. Kasteleyn and C. M. Fortuin, Journal of Physical Society of Japan 26:11 (Supplement) (1969).
- W. T. Lu and F. Y. Wu, On the duality relation for correlation functions of the Potts model, J. Phys. A 31:2823-2836 (1998).
- R. Simion, Combinatorial statistics on Non-crossing partitions, J. Combin. Theory A 66:270-301 (1994).
- G. Kreweras, Sur les partitions non-crois'es d'un cycle, Discrete Math. 1:333-350 (1972).
- P. H. Edelman, Chain enumeration and non-crossing partitions, Discrete Math. 31:171-180 (1980).
- R. Simion and D. Ullman, On the structure of the lattice of noncrossing partitions, Discrete Math. 98:193-206 (1991).
- P. H. Edelman and R. Simion, Chains in the lattice of noncrossing partitions, Discrete Math. 126:107-119 (1994).
- H. W. J. Blöte and M. P. Nightingale, Critical behaviour of the two-dimensional Potts model with a continuous number of states: A finite size scaling analysis, Physica A 112:405-465 (1982).
- J. L. Jacobsen and J. Cardy, Critical behaviour of random bond Potts models: A transfer matrix study, cond-mat/9711279.
- F. Y. Wu, C. King, and W. T. Lu, On the rooted Tutte polynomial, condmat/9812202.
- V. Reiner, Non-crossing partitions for classical reflection groups, Discrete Math. 177:195-222 (1997).
- Two-Dimensional Potts Model and Annular Partitions
Journal of Statistical Physics
Volume 96, Issue 5-6 , pp 1071-1089
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Potts model
- Industry Sectors
- C. King (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Northeastern University, Boston, s[Massachusetts, 02115