A Propositional Dynamic Logic with Qualitative Probabilities
- Dimitar P. Guelev
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper presents an ω-completeness theorem for a new propositional probabilistic logic, namely, the dynamic propositional logic of qualitative probabilities (D Q P), which has been introduced by the author as a dynamic extension of the logic of qualitative probabilities (Q P) introduced by Segerberg.
- Alechina, N., Logic with probabilistic operators, Report ML-94-10, ILLC, University of Amsterdam, 1994.
- Baeten, J. C. M., Bergstra, J. A. and Smolka, S. A., Axiomatizing Probabilistic Processes: ACP with Generative Probabilities, Eindhoven University of Technology, Computing Science Note 92/19, Eindhoven, September 1992.
- Van Benthem, J. A. F. K. and Humberstone, I. L., Halldén completeness by gluing of Kripke frames, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic 24(4) (1983), 426–430.
- Van Benthem, J. A. F. K., Modal Logic and Classical Logic, Chapter VI, Bibliopolis, Naples, 1983.
- Chanqui, R., Truth, Possibility and Probability. New Logical Foundations of Probability and Statistical Inference, Math. Studies 166, North-Holland, 1991.
- Dang Van Hung and Zhou Chaochen, Probabilistic duration calculus for continuous time, Research Report 25, UNU/IIST, P.O. Box 3058, Macau, May 1994.
- Fagin, R., Halpern, J. Y. and Megiddo, N., A logic for reasoning about probabilities, Inform. Comput. 87(1-2) (July/August 1990), 78–128.
- Gärdenfors, P., Qualitative probability as an intentional logic, J. Philos. Logic 4 (1975), 171–185.
- Gelev, D. P., Introducing some classical elements of modal logic to the propositional logics of qualitative probabilities, Report LP-94-01, ILLC, University of Amsterdam, 1994.
- Gelev, D. P., A strong completeness theorem for the probabilistic logic of Segerberg, Master's thesis, Sofia University, 1994 (in Bulgarian).
- Guelev, D. P., Probabilistic interval temporal logic, Technical Report 144, UNU/IIST, P.O. Box 3058, Macau, August 1998, Draft.
- Goldblatt, R., Logics of Time and Computation, Chapter 10, CSLI Lecture Notes 7, Stanford, 1987.
- Van der Hoek, W., Modalities for Reasoning About Knowledge and Quantities, Chapter 7, Ph.D. Thesis, Vrije Universiteit van Amsterdam, 1992.
- Hughes, G. E. and Cresswell, M. J., A Companion to Modal Logic, Methuen, London, 1984.
- Kapitonova, Iu. V. and Letichevsky, A. A., Matematicheskaya Teoriya Proektirovaniya Vyichislitel'nyih Sistem, Nauka, Moskow, 1988 (in Russian).
- Kozen, D., A probabilistic PDL, J. Comput. System Sci. 30 (1985), 162–178.
- Zhiming Liu, Ravn, A. P., Sørensen, E. V. and Zhou Chaochen, A probabilistic duration calculus, in Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Responsive Computer Systems, KDD Research and Development Laboratories, Saitama, Japan, 1992, also in Zhou Chaochen, (ed.), Duration Calculus. Compendium, 3, UNU/IIST, P.O. Box 3058, Macau, March 1993.
- Sahlqvist, H., Completeness and correspondence in the first-and second-order semantics for modal logic, in S. Kanger (ed.), Proceedings of the Third Scandinavian Logic Symposium, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1975.
- Sarymsakov, T. A., Foundations of the Theory of Markov Processes, Chapter I, Fan, Tashkent, 1988 (in Russian).
- Segerberg, K., Qualitative probability in a modal setting, in J. E. Fenstad (ed.), Proceedings of the Second Scandinavian Logic Symposium, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1971.
- Skordev, D., Combinatory Spaces and Recursiveness in Them, Chapter III, §§5.3-5.6, Publishing House of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, 1980 (in Russian).
- A Propositional Dynamic Logic with Qualitative Probabilities
Journal of Philosophical Logic
Volume 28, Issue 6 , pp 575-604
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- dynamic logic
- probabilistic logic
- propositional logic
- stochastic processes
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematical Logic and Its Applications, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University, Boul. James Bouchier 5, 1126, Sofia, Bulgaria