Preparation of dense spherical Ni particles and hollow NiO particles by spray pyrolysis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Dense spherical Ni particles were prepared from nitrate solution by spray pyrolysis in a H2–N2 atmosphere. Hollow NiO particles with rough surfaces were formed first at low temperature and then reduced to Ni by H2 above 300°C. Subsequent intraparticle sintering of the Ni crystallites gave rise to densification of Ni particles as the temperature was raised; most Ni particles became dense above the pyrolysis temperature of 1000°C. However, when a N2 atmosphere was used, hollow NiO particles were formed, which did not densify even at 1200°C due to the lack of sintering. The dense Ni particles obtained were of good crystallinity and good oxidation resistance, especially for those formed at higher pyrolysis temperatures and longer residence times.
- H. Saito, H. Chazono, H. Kishi and N. Yamaoka, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 2307.
- J. Yamamatsu and T. Nomura, Funtai Oyobi Funmatsu-yakin (J. Powder Powd. Metall. Soc. Jpn) 41(1993) 1042.
- K. Otsuka, Y. Yamamoto and A. Yoshizawa, Nippon Kagaku Kaishi (1984) 869.
- F. Miyoshino, K. Sano, K. Takada and F. Makuta, in Proceedings of the Ninth International Microelectronics Conference (IMC), Omiya, April 1996, p. 46–9.
- G. L. Messing, S.-C. Zhang and G. V. Jayanthi, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 76 (1993) 2707.
- S.-L. Che, O. Sakurai, K. Shinozaki and N. Mizutani, J. Aerosol Sci. 29 (1998) in press.
- T. C. Pluym, S. M. Lyons, Q. H. Powell, A. S. Gurav, T. T. Kodas, L. M. Wang and H. D. Glicksman, Mater. Res. Bull. 28 (1993) 369.
- K. Nagashima, M. Wada and A. Kato, J. Mater. Res. 5 (1990) 2828.
- S.-L. Che, O. Sakurai, K. Shinozaki and N. Mizutani, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn 104 (1996) 38.
- S.-L. Che, O. Sakurai, H. Funakubo, K. Shinozaki and N. Mizutani, J. Mater. Res. 12 (1997) 392.
- S. Stopic, I. Ilic and P. Uskokovic, Int. J. Powder Metall. 32 (1996) 59.
- S.-L. Che, O. Sakurai, A. Saiki, H. Funakubo, K. Shinozaki, N. Mizutani and K. Terayama, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn 105 (1997) 299.
- A. M. Gadalla and H.-H. Yu, J. Thermal Anal. 37 (1991) 3119.
- M. I. Alymov, E. I. Maltina and Y. N. Stepanov, Nanostructured Mater. 4 (1994) 737.
- Preparation of dense spherical Ni particles and hollow NiO particles by spray pyrolysis
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 34, Issue 6 , pp 1313-1318
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors