Dr. Alexandra Symonds' Legacy of Advancing Women Psychiatrists and Promoting Women's Mental Health
- Leah J. Dickstein
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Benson, S. Porter. (1986). Presenting the Past: Essays on History and the Public. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- Bentsen, T. P. (March 1998). Mastering change in medical school: Weighing the human factor. AAMC Reporter. 7(6).
- Gorney, R. (1972). The Human Agenda: How to Be at Home in the Universe-- Without Magic. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Hammer, J. (1997). Leah's blessing. In N. M. Hyman (Ed.), Biblical Women in the Midrash: A Source Book, pp. 173–181. Northvale, NJ: Jason Aronson Publisher.
- Martz, S. H. (Ed.). (1998). At Our Core: Women Writing About Power. Shoffstall, Veronica A., After a While, p. 103. Watsonville, CA: Papier-Mache Press.
- Miller, J. (August 1978). The effects of inequality on psychology. Psychiatric Opinion, 15(8): 29–32.
- Moldow, G. (1987). Women Doctors in Gilded Age Washington: Race, Gender and Professionalism, p. 143. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
- Pransky, G. (May 1998). AAMC Reporter, p. 6.
- Symonds, A. (1971). Phobias after marriage: Women's declaration of dependence. Am. J. Psychoanal., 31(2): 144–152.
- Symonds, A. (1973). The myth of femininity: A panel. Am. J. Psychoanal., 33(2): 45.
- Symonds, A. (1974). The Liberated Woman: Healthy and Neurotic. Am. J. Psychoanal. 34(3): 177–183.
- Symonds, A. (1976). Neurotic Dependency in Successful Women. Beverly Hills: AAP. Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis, 4(1): 95–103. Copyright by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Symonds, A. (1978). The psychodynamics of expansiveness in the success-oriented woman. Am. J. Psychoanal., 38(3): 195–205.
- Symonds, A. (1978). Editorial: Psychoanalysis and women's liberation. J. Am. Acad. Psychoanal., 6(4):429–431.
- Symonds, A. (1979). The wife as the professional. Am. J. Psychoanal., 39(1): 55–63.
- Symonds, A. (1979). Violence against Women--The myth of masochism. Amer. J. Psychother., 33(2): 161–173.
- Symonds, A. (1980). Women's liberation: Effect on physician-patient relationship. New York Journal of Medicine, 80(2).
- Symonds, A. (1980). The stress of self-realization. Am. J. Psychoanal., 40(4).
- Symonds, A. (1983). Emotional conflicts of the career woman: Women in medicine. Am. J. Psychoanal., 43(1).
- Symonds, A. (1985). Separation and loss: Significance for women. Am. J. Psychoanal., 45(1): 53–58.
- Symonds, A. (1986). The diagnosis of depression in functioning women: Sexism in the family. J. of Academy of Psychoanalysis, 14(3): 395–406.
- Symonds, A. (1991). Gender issues and Horney theory. Am. J. Psychoanal., 51(3): 301–312.
- Trentham, S. and Larwood, L. (1998). Gender discrimination and the workplace: An examination of rational bias theory. J. Sex Roles, 38(1/2): 1.
- Dr. Alexandra Symonds' Legacy of Advancing Women Psychiatrists and Promoting Women's Mental Health
The American Journal of Psychoanalysis
Volume 60, Issue 3 , pp 215-228
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Louisville SOM, 500 S. Preston Street, Suite 214, Louisville, KY, 40292