Dr. Alexandra Symonds' Legacy of Advancing Women Psychiatrists and Promoting Women's Mental Health
- Leah J. Dickstein
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Benson, S. P. (1986) Presenting the Past: Essays on History and the Public. Temple University Press, Philadelphia
- Bentsen, T. P. (March 1998). Mastering change in medical school: Weighing the human factor. AAMC Reporter. 7(6).
- Gorney, R. (1972) The Human Agenda: How to Be at Home in the Universe-- Without Magic. Simon and Schuster, New York
- Hammer, J. Leah's blessing. In: Hyman, N. M. eds. (1997) Biblical Women in the Midrash: A Source Book. Jason Aronson Publisher, Northvale, NJ, pp. 173-181
- Martz, S. H. eds. (1998) At Our Core: Women Writing About Power. Papier-Mache Press, Watsonville, CA
- Miller, J. (1978) The effects of inequality on psychology. Psychiatric Opinion 15: pp. 29-32
- Moldow, G. (1987) Women Doctors in Gilded Age Washington: Race, Gender and Professionalism. University of Illinois Press, Urbana
- Pransky, G. (May 1998). AAMC Reporter, p. 6.
- Symonds, A. (1971) Phobias after marriage: Women's declaration of dependence. Am. J. Psychoanal. 31: pp. 144-152
- Symonds, A. (1973) The myth of femininity: A panel. Am. J. Psychoanal. 33: pp. 45
- Symonds, A. (1974) The Liberated Woman: Healthy and Neurotic. Am. J. Psychoanal. 34: pp. 177-183
- Symonds, A. (1976) Neurotic Dependency in Successful Women. Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis. AAP, Beverly Hills, pp. 95-103
- Symonds, A. (1978) The psychodynamics of expansiveness in the success-oriented woman. Am. J. Psychoanal. 38: pp. 195-205
- Symonds, A. (1978) Editorial: Psychoanalysis and women's liberation. J. Am. Acad. Psychoanal. 6: pp. 429-431
- Symonds, A. (1979) The wife as the professional. Am. J. Psychoanal. 39: pp. 55-63
- Symonds, A. (1979) Violence against Women--The myth of masochism. Amer. J. Psychother. 33: pp. 161-173
- Symonds, A. (1980). Women's liberation: Effect on physician-patient relationship. New York Journal of Medicine, 80(2).
- Symonds, A. (1980). The stress of self-realization. Am. J. Psychoanal., 40(4).
- Symonds, A. (1983). Emotional conflicts of the career woman: Women in medicine. Am. J. Psychoanal., 43(1).
- Symonds, A. (1985) Separation and loss: Significance for women. Am. J. Psychoanal. 45: pp. 53-58
- Symonds, A. (1986) The diagnosis of depression in functioning women: Sexism in the family. J. of Academy of Psychoanalysis 14: pp. 395-406
- Symonds, A. (1991) Gender issues and Horney theory. Am. J. Psychoanal. 51: pp. 301-312
- Trentham, S., Larwood, L. (1998) Gender discrimination and the workplace: An examination of rational bias theory. J. Sex Roles 38: pp. 1
- Dr. Alexandra Symonds' Legacy of Advancing Women Psychiatrists and Promoting Women's Mental Health
The American Journal of Psychoanalysis
Volume 60, Issue 3 , pp 215-228
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Louisville SOM, 500 S. Preston Street, Suite 214, Louisville, KY, 40292