Asymptomatic patients with diabetes mellitus should not be screened for coronary artery disease
- Raymond J. Gibbons
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Estimating coronary heart disease (CHD) risk using Framingham Heart Study prediction score sheets. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Web site. Available from: URL: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/ about/framingham/riskabs.htm. Accessed May 30, 2006.
- Pearson TA, Blair SN, Daniels SR, Eckel RH, Fair JM, Fortmann SP, et al. AHA Guidelines for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease and stroke: 2002 update: consensus panel guide to comprehensive risk reduction for adult patients without coronary or other atherosclerotic vascular diseases. American Heart Association Science Advisory and Coordinating Committee. Circulation 2002;106:388–99. CrossRef
- National Cholesterol Education Program. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Web site. Available from: URL: http://www. nhlbi.nih.gov/about/ncep/index.htm. Accessed May 30, 2006.
- American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care for patients with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 1999; 22(Suppl 1): S32–41.
- Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC 7). National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Web site. Available from: URL: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/ hypertension/jnc7full.htm. Accessed May 30, 2006.
- Recommendation statement: screening for coronary heart disease: US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Web site. Available from: URL: http://www. ahrq.gov/clinic/3rduspstf/chd/chdrs.htm. Accessed May 30, 2006.
- Frye RL. Optimal care of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary artery disease. Am J Med 2003;115(Suppl8A):93S-98S. CrossRef
- Miller TD, Rajagopalan N, Hodge DO, Frye RL, Gibbons RJ. The yield of stress single photon emission computed tomography in asymptomatic diabetic patients. Am Heart J 2004;147:890–6. CrossRef
- Rajagopalan N, Miller TD, Hodge DO, Frye RL, Gibbons RJ. Identifying high-risk asymptomatic diabetic patients who are candidates for screening stress single-photon emission computed tomography imaging. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005;45:43–9. CrossRef
- WSMV-TV Web site. Available from: URL: http://www.wsmv. com/ Accessed May 30, 2006.
- Governors offer more details to reform, improve Medicaid: the nation’s governors continue to build on earlier efforts to reform, streamline Medicaid system. National Governors Association Web site. Available from: URL: http://www.nga.org/portal/site/nga/. Accessed May 30, 2006.
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine; 2001.
- Asymptomatic patients with diabetes mellitus should not be screened for coronary artery disease
Journal of Nuclear Cardiology
Volume 13, Issue 5 , pp 616-620
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Mayo Clinic, Gonda 5, 200 First St SW, 55905, Rochester, MN