Determination of the presence or absence of sulfur materials in drywall using direct analysis in real time in conjunction with an accurate-mass time-of-flight mass spectrometer
Based on the concern about the presence of sulfur materials being in drywall (wallboard), a quick and reliable test to confirm the presence or absence of these materials using direct analysis in real time (DART) mass spectrometry in conjunction with an accurate-mass time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometer has been developed and is described here.
- Corkery, M. Homeowner Problems with Chinese-Made Drywall Spread; The Wall Street Journal: New York, April 17, 2009, Real Estate, Homeowner Problems with Chinese-Made Drywall Spread-WSJ.com.
- Skoloff, B. Chinese Drywall Poses Potential Risks; AP IMPACT: Saturday, April 11, 2009 11:30 AM EDT.
- Skoloff, B. Florida to test air in homes with Chinese drywall; USA Today: http://www.usatodayeconomy/housing/2009-04-17-chinese-drywall_N.htm.
- Schmit, J. Drywall from China blamed for problems in homes; USA Today: Updated 3/17/2009 3:20 PM.
- Norfolk votes to ban Chinese drywall; USA Today: Posted 5/19/2009 6:45 PM ET.
- Thorner, J. Florida builders brace for suits over odor-emitting Chinese drywall; St. Peterburg Times: Saturday March 21, 2009, http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/article985827.ece.
- Bradley, L. U.S. Hearings Open Today on Chinese Drywall: Another Import Made with Reckless Abandon; USA Today: May 21, 2009 5:00 AM.
- Cody, R. B.; Laramèe, J. A.; DuPont Durst, H. Versatile New Ion Source for the Analysis of Materials in Open Air under Ambient Conditions. Anal. Chem. 2005, 77(8), 2297–2302. CrossRef
- Haefliger, O. P.; Jeckelmann, N. Direct Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Flavors and Fragrances in Real Applications Using DART. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 2007, 21, 1361–1366. CrossRef
- Kpegba, K.; Spadaro, T.; Cody, R. B.; Nesnas, N.; Olson, J. A. Analysis of Self-Assembled Monolayers on Gold Surfaces Using Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Anal. Chem. 2007, 79, 5479–5483. CrossRef
- Madhusudanan, K. P.; Banerjee, S.; Khanuja, S. P. S.; Chattopadhyay, S. K. Analysis of Hairy Root Culture of Rauvolfia serpentina Using Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometric Technique. Biomed. Chromatogr. 2008, 22, 596–600. CrossRef
- Morlock, G.; Ueda, Y. New Coupling of Planar Chromatography with Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A 2007, 1143, 243–251. CrossRef
- Petucci, C.; Diffendal, J.; Kaufman, D.; Mekonnen, B.; Terefenko, G.; Musselman, B. Direct Analysis in Real Time for Reaction Monitoring in Drug Discovery. Anal. Chem. 2007, 79, 5064–5070. CrossRef
- Grange, A. H.; Sovocool, G. W. Automated Determination of Precursor Ion, Product Ion, and Neutral Loss Compositions and Deconvolution of Composite Mass Spectra Using Ion Correlation Based on Exact Masses and Relative Isotopic Abundances. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 2008, 22, 2375–2390. CrossRef
- Vail, T. M.; Sparkman, O. D.; Jones, P. R. Rapid and Unambiguous Identification of Melamine in Contaminated Pet Food Based on Mass Spectrometry with Four Degrees of Confirmation. J. Anal. Toxicol. 2007, 31, 304–312.
- Determination of the presence or absence of sulfur materials in drywall using direct analysis in real time in conjunction with an accurate-mass time-of-flight mass spectrometer
Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry
Volume 20, Issue 11 , pp 2082-2086
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors