Assistant Systems in Production
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Within the framework of a project called Holistic Ergonomics Strategy, the Volkswagen brand and the Group Research have developed assistant systems to relieve and support employees who perform physically strenuous tasks in the production process. As a strategic project, these developments are aimed at determining the potential of assistant systems in the context of demographic change.
The effects of demographic changes are becoming ever clearer for industrial companies and underline the intensive search for possible measures to counter them. The Volkswagen Group is also faced with great challenges with regard to the increasing average age of the workforce. Despite numerous efforts to improve working conditions, physically strenuous tasks are carried out in Production in particular. The objective for the future is therefore to create even better working conditions at high productivity levels.
The serious effects of an increasing average age of the workforce become clear if one c ...
- Nöring, R., Becker, H., Deiwiks, J., Dubian, C., Sigi, T., Stork, J., Stumpf, J. (2007) Bis 67 mit Wohlbefinden arbeiten?. Arbeitsleben, Arbeitsanalyse — Arbeitsgestaltung — Kompetenzentwicklung, Kasseler Personalschriften Volume 6, university kassel press. pp. 108-132
- Breuninger, J., Geiger, R. (2012) Für Schichtbauweise konstruieren: Bauteilauslegung für generative Fertigungsverfahren. Digital Engineering 15: pp. 18-21
- Grzesiak, A., Becker, R., Verl, A. (2011) Der Bionische Handling-Assistent: Eine Erfolgsgeschichte der generativen Fertigung. wt Werkstattstechnik online 101: pp. 429-433
- Assistant Systems in Production
Volume 115, Issue 4 , pp 64-67
- Cover Date
- Online ISSN
- Springer Automotive Media
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors