Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 08 Apr 2014
Annals of Forest Science changes its scope and complies with green open access rules
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The landscape for science editing in general, and particularly in the field of forest sciences, is changing at an accelerating pace. The Internet provides a huge number of new opportunities for disseminating scientific knowledge under diverse forms like databases, videos, short papers, additional material. There are many concerns in the scientific community about open access to research results. The European Commission for instance now requires that results produced with the financial support of European programs in the framework of Horizon 2020 should be published under an open-access scheme, unless there is a specific reason not to make them openly available (in the case of a “hot” innovation for instance).
Another concern arises from the observation that while the journals devoted to forest sciences (i.e., with “forest” or “forestry” in their title) published a majority of the papers devoted to forests up to the 1990s, this is no longer the case. A recent bibliometric survey covering...
Handling Editor: Marianne Peiffer/Erwin Dreyer
Contribution of co-authors
All authors participated to the writing of this editorial.
Bohannon J 2013. Who’s afraid of peer review. Science 342: 60–65. www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60.full.
- Annals of Forest Science changes its scope and complies with green open access rules
Annals of Forest Science
Volume 71, Issue 4 , pp 425-426
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Paris
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. “Editorial office of Annals of Forest Science”, Centre Inra de Nancy-Lorraine, F54280, Champenoux, France
- 2. Inra, UMR 1137 “Ecologie et Ecophysiologie Forestières”, F54280, Champenoux, France
- 3. Université de Lorraine, UMR 1137 “Ecologie et Ecophysiologie Forestières” Faculté des Sciences et techniques, F54500, Vandoeuvre, France
- 4. AgroParisTech, UMR 1092 “Laboratoire d’Etude de la Ressource Forêt-Bois”, LERFoB, 14 rue Girardet, F54000, Nancy, France
- 5. Inra, UMR 1092, LERFoB, F54280, Champenoux, France