Authentic leadership questionnaire (ALQ) psychometrics
- Rick Roof
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Authenticity, the concept of self-awareness acted out (Caza et al. 2010) or the functioning in a manner aligned with values (Leroy et al. 2012), has been the subject of great interest recently (Nelder and Schriescheim 2011), and is considered by many to be a “root construct” (Avolio and Gardner 2005) forming the foundation for all contemporary positive leadership theories (Qian et al. 2012) including transformation, ethical, servant, spiritual, and even charismatic leadership (Avolio and Gardner 2005; Nelder and Schriescheim 2011). While the early stage nature of authentic leadership has resulted in multiple conceptualizations (Caza et al. 2010), and there is contention over whether the construct includes moral and ethical prescriptives (Peus et al. 2012), the subject of this research note, the authentic leadership questionnaire (ALQ), was designed to include the ethical dimension of leadership (Walumbwa et al. 2008). My focus within this research note is not on the current theoretical ...
- Avolio, B. J., & Gardner, W. L. (2005). Authentic leadership development: getting to the root of positive forms of leadership. The Leadership Quarterley, 16, 315–338. CrossRef
- Cabanda, E., Fields, D., & Winston, B. (2011). Organizational leadership PhD - Quantitative research methods . New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Caza, A., Bagozzi, R. P., Woolley, L., Levy, L., & Caza, B. B. (2010). Psychological capital and authentic leadership: measurement, gender, and cultural extension. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, 2(1), 53–70. CrossRef
- Darvish, H., & Rezaei, F. (2011). The impact of authentic leadership on job satisfaction and team commitment. Management & Marketing, 6(3), 421–436.
- DeVellis, R. F. (2012). Scale development: Theory and applications (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Gardner, W. L., Avolio, B. J., Luthans, F., May, D. R., & Walumbwa, F. (2005). "Can you see the real me?" A self-based model of authentic leader and follower development. The Leadership Quarterly, 16, 343–372. CrossRef
- Girden, E. R., & Kabacoff, R. I. (2011). Evaluating research articles from start to finish (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., & Anderson, R. E. (2010). Multivariate Data Analysis (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Hsiung, H.-H. (2012). Authentic leadership and employee voice behavior: a multi-level psychological process. Journal of Business Ethics, 107, 349–361. CrossRef
- Leroy, H., Palanski, M. E., & Simons, T. (2012). Authentic leadership and behavioral integrity as drivers of follower commitment and performance. Journal of Business Ethics, 107, 255–264. CrossRef
- Nelder, L. L., & Schriescheim, C. A. (2011). The authentic leadership inventory: development and empirical tests. The Leadership Quarterly, 22, 1146–1164. CrossRef
- Nielsen, M. B., Eid, J., Mearns, K., & Larsson, G. (2013). Authentic leadership and its relationship with risk perception and safety climate. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 34(4), 308–325. CrossRef
- Peus, C., Wesche, J. S., Streicher, B., Braun, S., & Frey, D. (2012). Authentic leadership: an empirical test of its antecedents, consequences, and mediating mechanisms. Journal of Business Ethics, 107, 331–348. CrossRef
- Qian, J., Lin, X., & Chen, G. Z.-X. (2012). Authentic leadership and feedback-seeking behavior: an examination of the cultural context of mediating processes in China. Journal of Management & Organization, 18(3), 286–299. CrossRef
- Walumbwa, F. O., Avolio, B. J., Gardner, W. L., Wernsing, T. S., & Peterson, S. (2008). Authentic leadership: development and validation of a theory-based measure. Journal of Management, 34(1), 89–126. CrossRef
- Wang, C., & Bird, J. J. (2011). Multi-level modeling of principal authenticity and teachers’ trust and engagement. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal, 15(4), 125–147.
- Wong, C. A., & Laschinger, H. K. (2012). Authentic leadership, performance, and job satisfaction: the mediating role of empowerment. J Adv Nurs, 69(4), 947–959. CrossRef
- Authentic leadership questionnaire (ALQ) psychometrics
Asian Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 3, Issue 1 , pp 57-64
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Rick Roof (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Regent University, 1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, 23464, USA
- 2. 46 Abbey Court, Fishersville, VA, 22939, USA