Date: 25 Oct 2012
The Non-Traditional Family: An Introduction
- Mary E. Stephens
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The single parent family has changed over the past 50 years. This introduction explains how it has changed and future directives.
- Ball H. The supreme court in the intimate lives of Americans: birth, sex, marriage, childrearing and death. New York: New York University Press; 2002.
- Dallaire DH. Incarcerated mothers and fathers: a comparison of risks for children and families. Family Relations. 2007;56(5):440–53. CrossRef
- Gerson K. Understanding work and family through a gender lens. Journal of Community, Work, and Family, Special Issue on “Work-Family Issues and Work Hours”. ____.2002. Moral dilemmas, moral strategies, and the transformation of gender: lessons from two generations of work and family change. Gend Soc. 2004;6(1):8–28.
- Gerson, K. (2006). Families as trajectories: children’s views of family life in contemporary America. In: Bertram H, Kruger H, Spiel K, editors. The family between flexibility and dependability: perspectives for a life cycle family policy. (2005). Leverkusen Opladen, Germany and Farmington Hills, MI.
- Hare J, Gray L. Non-traditional families: a guide for parents. Oregon State University Extension Service. 1992. Retrieved online at: http://hdl.handle.net/1957/19519.
- Pogrebin L. Family politics: love and power on an intimate frontier. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1983.
- Terrell M. The progress of colored women. Voice Negro. 1904;1(7):292.
- U.S. Census Bureau. (2002). Fertility of American women: June 2002. Current population reports.
- U.S. Census Bureau. (2010). Statistical abstract of the United States: 2010 (129th ed) Washington, DC. (http://www.census.gov/statab/www/)
- The Non-Traditional Family: An Introduction
The Review of Black Political Economy
Volume 40, Issue 1 , pp 27-29
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Mary E. Stephens (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Bennett College, Greensboro, NC, USA