A new pitch detection algorithm based on wavelet transform
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In tins paper, a new event detection pitch detector based on the dyadic wavelet transform was constructed by selecting an optimal scale. The proposed pitch detector is accurate, robust to noise and computationally simple. Experiments show the superior performance of this event-based pitch detector in comparison with previous event-based pitch detector and classical pitch detectors that use the autocorrelation and the cepstrum methods to estimate the pitch period.
- Hess W J. Pitch Determination of Speech Signals[M]. Springer, New York, 1983.
- Rabiner L R, Cheng M J, Rosenberg A E, et al. A comparative performance study of several pitch detection algorithms[J]. IEEE Trans, on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 1976, ASSP-24(5): 399–418. CrossRef
- Rabiner L R. On the use of autocorrelation analysis for pitch detection[J]. IEEE Trans. on Acoustics Speech, and Signal Processing, 1977, ASSP-25(1): 24–33. CrossRef
- Market J D. The SIFT algorithm for fundamental frequency estimation[J]. IEEE Trans. Audio Electro. Accost., 1972, Au-20: 367–377. CrossRef
- Ross M J, Shafer H L, Cohen A, et al. Average magnitude defference function pitch estractor[J]. IEEE Trans. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 1974, ASSP-22: 353–362. CrossRef
- Kadambe S, Boudreaux-Bartels G F. Application of the wavelet transform for pitch detection of speech signals[J]. IEEE Trans, on Information Theory, 1992, 38(2): 917–924. CrossRef
- Mallat S, Zhong S. Characterization of signals from multi-scale edge[J]. IEEE Trans. on PAMI, 1992, 14(7): 710–732.
- Li Jian-ping, Tang Yun-yan. The Application of Wavelet Analysis Method[M]. Chongqing University Press, Chong-qing, 1999 (in Chinese).
- Ran Qi-wen. Wavelet Transform and Fraction Fourior Transform[M]. Harbin Institute of Technology Press, Harbin, 2001(in Chinese).
- Rabiner L R, Chefer R W. The Digital Process of Speech Signal[M].Science Press, Beijing, 1983(in Chinese).
- A new pitch detection algorithm based on wavelet transform
Journal of Shanghai University (English Edition)
Volume 9, Issue 4 , pp 309-313
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Shanghai University Press
- Additional Links
- glottal closure instants
- dyadic wavelet transform
- pitch detection
- optimal scale
- Industry Sectors