Date: 04 Jul 2012
Confucianism and Liberal Democracy: Some Comments
- Fred R. Dallmayr
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Arendt, Hannah. 1963. “What is Authority?” In Between Past and Future: Six Exercises in Political Thought. Cleveland, OH: Meridian Books.
- Aristotle, Politics. In Barker 1946.
- Barker, Ernest. 1946. “Introduction.” In The Politics of Aristotle. Trans. with Introduction by Ernest Barker. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Dallmayr, Fred. 2007. In Search of the Good Life: A Pedagogy for Troubled Times 2007.
- _____. 2010a. The Promise of Democracy: Political Agency and Transformation. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- _____. 2010b. Integral Pluralism: Beyond Culture Wars. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky Press. CrossRef
- Dewey, John, 1969. “The Ethics of Democracy.” In John Dewey: The Early Works, 1882-1898, vol. 1. Ed. by George E. Axtelle et al. Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University.
- Gadamer, Hans-Georg. 1989. Truth and Method, 2nd rev. ed. Trans. By Joel Weinsheimer and Donald G. Marshall. New York: Crossroad Publishing Corp.
- _____. 1999. “On the Possibility of a Philosophical Ethics.” In his Hermeneutics, Religion, and Ethics. Trans. Joel Weinsheimer. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Knitter, Paul F. 2009. Without Buddha I could not be a Christian. Oxford: Oneworld.
- Locke, John. 1953. Two Treatises of Civil Government. Intro. by W. S. Carpenter. London: Dent & Sons.
- Mill, John Stuart. 1949. Representative Government. Chicago: H. Regnery.
- Sandel, Michael J. 2005. Public Philosophy: Essays on Morality in Politics. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- United Nations. 1999. Human Development Report of 1999. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- _____. 2010. Human Development Report of 2010. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Confucianism and Liberal Democracy: Some Comments
Volume 11, Issue 3 , pp 357-368
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Fred R. Dallmayr (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Political Science, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 46556, USA