Date: 04 Jul 2012
Confucianism and Liberal Democracy: Some Comments
- Fred R. Dallmayr
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Arendt, Hannah. 1963. “What is Authority?” In Between Past and Future: Six Exercises in Political Thought. Cleveland, OH: Meridian Books.
- Aristotle, Politics. In Barker 1946.
- Barker, Ernest. 1946. “Introduction.” In The Politics of Aristotle. Trans. with Introduction by Ernest Barker. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Dallmayr, Fred. 2007. In Search of the Good Life: A Pedagogy for Troubled Times 2007.
- Dallmayr, F (2010) The Promise of Democracy: Political Agency and Transformation. State University of New York Press, Albany, NY
- Dallmayr, F (2010) Integral Pluralism: Beyond Culture Wars. University of Kentucky Press, Lexington, KY CrossRef
- Dewey, John The Ethics of Democracy. In: John, Dewey eds. (1969) John Dewey: The Early Works, 1882-1898, vol. 1. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- Gadamer, Hans-Georg. 1989. Truth and Method, 2nd rev. ed. Trans. By Joel Weinsheimer and Donald G. Marshall. New York: Crossroad Publishing Corp.
- _____. 1999. “On the Possibility of a Philosophical Ethics.” In his Hermeneutics, Religion, and Ethics. Trans. Joel Weinsheimer. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Knitter, PF (2009) Without Buddha I could not be a Christian. Oneworld, Oxford
- Locke, John. 1953. Two Treatises of Civil Government. Intro. by W. S. Carpenter. London: Dent & Sons.
- Mill, JS (1949) Representative Government. H. Regnery, Chicago
- Sandel, MJ (2005) Public Philosophy: Essays on Morality in Politics. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA
- Human Development Report of 1999. Oxford University Press, Oxford
- Sandel, MJ (2010) Human Development Report of 2010. Oxford University Press, Oxford
- Confucianism and Liberal Democracy: Some Comments
Volume 11, Issue 3 , pp 357-368
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Fred R. Dallmayr (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Political Science, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, 46556, USA