Calculation method on shape finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Based on the spatial model, a reliable and accurate calculation method on the shape finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables was studied in this paper. On the principle that the shape of the main cables between hangers is catenary, the iteration method of calculating the shapes of the spatial main cables under the load of hanger forces was deduced. The reasonable position of the saddle was determined according to the shape and the theoretical joint point of the main cables. The shapes of the main cables at completed cable stage were calculated based on the unchanging principle of the zero-stress lengths of the main cables. By using a numerical method combining with the finite element method, one self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables was analyzed. The zero-stress length of the main cables, the position of the saddle, and the pre-offsetting of the saddle of the self-anchored suspension bridge were given. The reasonable shapes of the main cables at bridge completion stage and completed cable stage were presented. The results show that the shape-finding calculation method is effective and reliable.
- Luo Xiheng, Xiao Rucheng, Xiang Haifan. Cable shape analysis of suspension bridge with spatial cables. Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science), 2004, 32(10): 1349–1354 (in Chinese)
- Tan Donglian. Decision method on reasonable design state of selfanchored suspension bridge. China Journal of Highway and Transport, 2005, 8(2): 51–55 (in Chinese).
- Kim H K, Lee MJ, Chang S P. Non-linear shape-finding analysis of a self-anchored suspension bridge. Engineering Structures, 2002, 4(12): 1547–1559. CrossRef
- Li Huaiguang, Zheng Kaifeng, Wen Shudong, Li J. Calculation method and application of shape-finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables. In: Proceedings of the 17th Bridges Engineering in China. Chongqing: People Transportation Press, 2006, 1060–1065 (in Chinese)
- Kim H K, Lee M J, Chang S P. Determination of hanger installation procedure for a self-anchored suspension bridge. Engineering Structures, 2006, 28(7): 959–976. CrossRef
- Gil H, Choi Y. Cable erection test at pylon saddle for spatial suspention bridge. Journal of Bridge Engineering, 2001, 6(3): 183–188. CrossRef
- Wang Peng, Wu Xun. Analysis of cable shape of suspension bridge at cable finished stage. Structural Engineers, 2005, 21(6): 22–27 (in Chinese).
- Li Xiaozhen, Qiang Shizhong. Geometric form analysis of suspension bridge free cable. Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong Institute 1999, 18(3): 7–13 (in Chinese)
- Yang Menggang, Chen Zhenqing. An analysis of construction stages simulation for self-anchored suspension bridges. Journal of Hunan University (Natural Science Edition), 2006, 32(2): 26–30 (in Chinese)
- Calculation method on shape finding of self-anchored suspension bridge with spatial cables
Frontiers of Architecture and Civil Engineering in China
Volume 3, Issue 2 , pp 165-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP Higher Education Press
- Additional Links
- bridge engineering
- self-anchored suspension bridges
- special cables
- calculation method
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Changsha University of Science & Technology, Changsha, 410004, China
- 2. Wind Engineering Research Center, Hunan University, Changsha, 410082, China
- 3. China Railway Siyuan Survey and Design Group Co., Ltd., Wuhan, 430063, China
- 4. China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co., Ltd., Chengdu, 610031, China