Village people, village music and the theoretical significance of the concept that poetry can harmonize people
- Daobin Fu
- … show all 1 hide
Xiang li 乡里 (township civil service) is the basic political and social unit of the Zhou dynasty. Village people were the nobles who occupied certain positions in political and cultural affairs. Village music was employed in social gatherings of local communities. The rites and the music reflect the attempt of the nobles in the Zhou dynasty to make their secular lives refined, poetic and artistic. Drinking rite and shooting rites were regular local activities rich in artistic implications and both showed the characteristics of early drama. Poems and music were at the core of such friendly and harmonious gatherings of local communities. These activities and the notion that “poetry can harmonize people” have exerted profound and far-reaching influences upon the mind of the Chinese people as well as Chinese literature.
乡里是周代社会的基础政治构成, 乡人是具有一定政治和文化地位的贵族阶层, 乡乐是周代乡党间诗乐活动的典型样式。 乡党间的礼乐活动, 反映着周代贵族把世俗生活雅化、 诗化和艺术化的精神追求。乡饮酒礼、 乡射礼是周代乡党间经常性的礼乐活动, 具有丰富的艺术蕴含, 其仪式具有早期戏剧的特征, 诗乐在乡党礼典中处于核心地位。 乡饮、 乡射反映着和谐友爱的乡党关系, 是“诗可以群”这一理论观念的具体体现。 周代乡党间的风雅精神和“诗可以群”的理论观念, 对中国人的精神世界和中国文学都产生了深刻影响。
- Hou Wailu (1955), Zhongguo gudai shehuishi lun 中国古代社会史论 (The Social History of Ancient China), Beijing: Renmin chubanshe.
- Huang Huaixin (2004), Shanghai bowuguan cang zhanguo chuzhushu shilun jieyi 上海博物馆 藏战国楚竹书 〈诗论〉 解义 (Commentary on the Bamboo Slips of Chu during Warring States Period Stored in Shanghai Museum), Beijing: Shehui kexue wenxian chubanshe.
- Imamichi Tomonobu (1991), Jiang Yin, trans. Dongfang de meixue 东方的美学 (The Oriental Aesthetics), Beijing: Sanlian shudian.
- John Huizinga (1996), Youxi de ren 游戏的人 (The Game players), Beijing: Zhongguo meishu xueyuan chubanshe.
- Li Bo.(1997), Shisanjing xin suoyin 十三经新索引 (The Index to The Thirteen Classics), Beijing: Zhongyang guangbo dianshi daxue chubanshe.
- Li Zehou, Liu Gangji (1984), Zhongguo meixue shi 中国美学史 (The History of Chinese Aesthetics), Beijing: Zhongguo shehui kexue chubanshe.
- Wen Yiduo (1956), Shenhua yu shi 神话与诗 (Mythology and Poetry), Beijing: Guji chubanshe.
- Yang Kuan (1999), Xizhou shi 西周史 (The History of the Western Zhou Dynasty), Shanghai: Shanghai renmin chubanshe.
- Yu Zhengxie (2003), Guisi cungao 癸巳存稿 (Manuscript Written in the Gui-si Year), Liaoning jiaoyu chubanshe.
- Zhang Longxi (1986), Ershi shiji xifang wenlun shuping 二十世纪西方文论述评 (Commentary on the 20th Century Western Literary Criticism), Beijing: Sanlian shudian.
- Village people, village music and the theoretical significance of the concept that poetry can harmonize people
Frontiers of Literary Studies in China
Volume 2, Issue 3 , pp 321-348
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP Higher Education Press
- Additional Links
- village people
- village music
- drinking rites
- shooting rites
- poetry can harmonize people
- Daobin Fu (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. College of Literature, Harbin Normal University, Harbin, 150025, China