Experimental study of the Bi2O3-Fe2O3 pseudo-binary system
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
As part of a general contribution to the study of accelerator driven system (ADS) nuclear reactor feasibility, a study of the five-component system Bi-Fe-Hg-O-Pb was undertaken. New results about the quasi-binary Bi2O3-Fe2O3 are presented in this paper. The phase diagram was reinvestigated by differential scanning calorimetry, x-ray diffraction, and electron probe microanalysis. A new compound was discovered and characterized: Bi25FeO40. Its crystallographic structure was refined. Invariant and transition temperatures are given, as well as phase compositions.
- A.I. Zaslavsky and A.G. Tutov: “The Structure of a New Antiferromagnetic, BiFeO3,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1960, 135, p. 815–17 (in Russian).
- H. Koizumi, N. Nirizaki, and T. Ikeda: “X-ray Study of the Bi2O3-Fe2O3 System,” Jpn. Appl. Phys., 1964, 3, pp. 495–96 (in Japanese). CrossRef
- E.I. Speranskaya, V.M. Skorikov, E. Ya. Kode, and V.A. Terektova: “Phase Diagram of the System of Bismuth Oxide-Iron Oxide,” Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, 1965, 5, pp. 873–74 (in Russian). CrossRef
- J.M. Moreau, C. Michel, R. Gerson, and W.J. James: “Ferroelectric BiFeO3 X-ray and Neutron Diffraction Study,” Sol. State Commun. 1969, 7, pp. 701–04. CrossRef
- A.G. Tutov: “The Space Group and Some Electric and Magnetic Properties of Bismuth Ferrite,” Solid State Physics, 1969, 11, pp. 2681–83.
- J.M. Moreau, C. Michel, R. Gerson, and W.J. James: “Ferroelectric Bismuth Ferrite BiFeO3 X-ray and Neutron Diffraction Study,” J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 1971, 32, pp. 1315–20.
- I. Vickovic: “CSU, A Highly Automatic and Selective Program for the Calculation and Presentation of Geometrical Parameters and Their e.s.d.s,” J. Appl. Cryst., 1988, 21, pp. 987–90. CrossRef
- J.C. Gachon: “Enthalpies of Formation of Transition Metal Binary Compounds by Direct Reaction in a 1800 K Calorimeter. Discussion of Thermodynamic and Structural Methods of Prediction,” Thesis d’Etat, University of Nancy, France, 1986 (in French).
- Y. Dimitriev, Ch. Petkov, E. Gattev, T. Stoilova and G. Gochev: “Study of the Structure of Bismuth Oxide-Iron Oxide (Bi2O3-Fe2O3) Glasses,” J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 1989, 112, pp. 120–25. CrossRef
- K. Tanaka, K. Kamiya, T. Yoko, S. Tanabe, K. Hirao, and N. Soga: “ESR and Mossbauer Studies of Bi2O3-Fe2O3 Glasses,” J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 1989, 109, pp. 289–94. CrossRef
- S. Radaev, L. Muradyan, and Yu. Kargin: “Neutron-Diffraction Study of the Sillenites Bismuth Iron Oxide (Bi12(Bi0.503+Fe0.503+)O19.50) and Bismuth Zinc Oxide (Bi12(Bi0.673+Zn0.332+)O19.33),” Kristallografiya, 1990, 35, pp. 1126–30 (in Russian).
- S. Ivanov, S. Zhurov, and V. Karpov: Kristallografiya, 1990, 35, pp. 1126 (in Russian).
- J. Nusovici and M.J. Winter: “Diffrac-AT Search, Search/Match Using Full Trace as Input,” Adv. X-ray Anal., 1994, 37, pp. 59–66.
- I. Sosnowska, R. Przenioslo, P. Fischer, and V.A.J. Murashov: “Neutron Diffraction Studies of the Crystal and Magnetic Structures of BiFeO3 and Bi0.93La0.07FeO3,” J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 1996, 160, pp. 384–85. CrossRef
- J.U. Knebel, X. Cheng, C.H. Lefhalm, G. Muller, G. Schumacher, J. Konys, and H. Glasbrenner: “Design and Corrosion Study of a Closed Spallation Target Module of an Accelerator-Driven-System (ADS),” Nucl. Eng. Design, 2000, 202, pp. 279–96. CrossRef
- J. Luo and Y.M. Chiang: “Stabilization of Surface Films in Ceramics,” Ceram. Trans., 2000, 118, pp. 419–26.
- E.A. Pastukhov, S.A. Istomin, and N.V. Belousova: “Physico-Chemical Properties of Bi2O3-Fe2O3 and Bi2O3-V2O5 Melts,” Inst. Metall., Rasplavy, 2000, 1, pp. 8–13.
- J. Rodriguez-Carvajal. PROGRAM FullProf. 2000 Multi-Pattern (Version 1.5). Laboratoire Léon Brillouin (CEACNRS), France (April 2000).
- F. Barbier and A. Rusanov: “Corrosion Behavior of Steels in Flowing Lead-Bismuth,” J. Nucl. Mater., 2001, 296, pp. 231–36. CrossRef
- C. Fazio, G. Benamati, C. Martini, and G. Palombarini: “Compatibility Tests on Steels in Molten Lead and Lead-Bismuth,” J. Nucl. Mater., 2001, 296, pp. 243–48. CrossRef
- A. Maître, J.M. Fiorani, J.J. Kuntz, and J.C. Gachon, in A Challenge in Metallurgy, Proceedings of the Symposium Structural Materials for Hybrid Systems, “Preliminary Study of Some Parts of the Quinary System Bi-Fe-Hg-O-Pb.” D. Gorse and J.L. Boutard, ed., 2001, Paris, J. Phys. IV, 2002, 12, pp. 163–74.
- A. Maître, J.M. Fiorani, and M. Vilasi: “Thermodynamic Study of Phase Equilibria in the Pb-Bi-Hg System,” J. Phase Equilibria, 2002, 23, pp. 329–38. CrossRef
- C. Villagrasa, A. Boudard, J.C. David, L. Donadille, J.E. Ducruet, B. Fernandez, R. Legrain, S. Laray, C. Volant, W. Wlazlo, P. Ambrucstar, T. Engvist, F. Hammache, B. Jurado, K. Helariutta, K.H. Schmidt, K. Summarer, M.V. Ricciardi, F. Vives, C.O. Bacri, M. Barnas, B. Berthiet, L. Ferran, L. Audomin, B. Nustapha, F. Rajmund, C. Stephan, J. Taieb, L. Tassaut-Got, J. Benlliure, E. Casarujos, N. Fernandez, J. Pereira, S. Czajkowski, D. Karamanis, M. Prarikoff, J. George, R.A. Mewaldt, N. Yauasak, M. Niedenbeck, J. Connel, T. Faestermann, A. Heinz, and A. Junghans: “Residual Nuclei Produced by Spallation Reactions” in A Challenge in Metallurgy, Proceedings of the Symposium Structural Materials for Hybrid Systems, D. Gorse and J.L. Boutard, ed., 2001, Paris, J. Phys. IV, 2002, 12, pp. 63–73.
- Experimental study of the Bi2O3-Fe2O3 pseudo-binary system
Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion
Volume 25, Issue 1 , pp 59-67
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors