Interdiffusion in the Fe-Pt System
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Diffusion-couple experiments are conducted in the Fe-Pt system. The phase boundary compositions of the phases measured in this study are found to be different than the compositions published previously. In the γ-FePt solid solution, the interdiffusion coefficient increases with the Pt content up to 25 at. pct Pt. Fe is the faster diffusing species in this phase. The trend in the interdiffusion coefficient is explained with the help of calculated driving force for diffusion. To reduce errors, the average interdiffusion coefficients are calculated in the FePt and FePt3 compounds.
- B. Yao: Ph.D. Thesis, College of Engineering and Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, 2008.
- H. Okamoto: Phase Diagrams of Binary Iron Alloys, ASM International, Materials Park, OH, 1993, pp. 330–60.
- K. Osaka, D. Sakai, and T. Takama: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 2002, vol. 41, Pt. 2, no. 2A, pp. L155–157.
- Y. Nose, A. Kushida, T. Ikeda, H. Nakajima, K. Tanaka, and H. Numakura: Mater. Trans., 2003, vol. 44, pp. 2723-31. CrossRef
- A.A. Kodenstov, G.F. Bastin, and F.J.J. Van Loo: J. Alloys Compd., 2001, vol. 320, pp. 207-17. CrossRef
- C. Wagner: Acta Metall., 1969, vol. 17, pp. 99-107. CrossRef
- B. Predel, Ed. and O. Madelung: Landolt-Bornstein, New Series, vol. IV/5, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1995, p. 222.
- F.J.J. Van Loo: Acta Met., 1970, vol. 18, pp. 1107-11. CrossRef
- Atomic radius. Definition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_radius.
- Interdiffusion in the Fe-Pt System
Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A
Volume 43, Issue 3 , pp 791-795
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors