Date: 17 Oct 2008
Challenges, Frustrations and Triumphs of Remixing an Open Source Game Engine for Educational Purposes
- … show all 0 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bernstein, C. (2001). Play it again, Pac-man. In M. J. P. Wolf (Ed.), The medium of the video game (pp. 155–168). Austin: University of Texas Press.
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency. (2005). Computer games in education project:Report. Retrieved June 18, 2008 from http://partners.becta.org.uk/index.php?section=rh&rid=13595
- Crawford, C. (1997). What is a game? The art of computer game design. Reprinted Washington State University. Retrieved June 18, 2008, from http://www.vancouver.wsu.edu/fac/peabody/game-book/Coverpage.html
- DeJong, T., & Jooligen, W. R. (1998). Scientific discovery learning with computer simulation of conceptual domains. Review of Educational Research, 68(2), 179–201.
- Kirriemuir, J. (2002). Video gaming, education and digital learning technologies. D-Lib Magazine, 8(2).
- Kirriemuir, J., & McFarlane, A. (2003). Use of computer and video games in the classroom. Proceedings of the Level Up Digital Games Research Conference. Universiteit Utrecht, Netherlands. Retrieved July 2006, from http://www.silversprite.com/articles/42.pdf
- Malone, T. W., & Lepper, M. R. (1987). Making learning fun: A taxonomy of intrinsic motivations for learning. In R. E. Snow & M. J. Farr (Eds.), Aptitude, learning and instruction 3: Conative and affective process analysis (pp. 223–253). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Erlbaum.
- McMahan, A. (2003). Immersion, engagement, and presence: A method for analyzing 3-D video games. In M. J. P. Wolf & B. Perron (Eds.), The video game theory reader (pp. 25–46). New York: Routledge.
- Rude-Parkins, C., Miller, K., Ferguson, K., & Bauer, R. (2005). Applying gaming and simulation techniques to the design of online instruction. Innovate, 2(2), 1–5.
- Shelton, B. E., & Wiley, D. (2006). Instructional designers take all the fun out of games: Rethinking elements of engagement for designing instructional games. Proceedings of the American Educational Research Association (AERA). San Francisco.
- Showalter, E. (2002). Teaching poetry. In Showalter, E. (Ed.), Teaching literature (pp. 62–78). Blackwell Publishing.
- Wolf, M. J. P. (2001). Narrative in the video game. In M. J. P. Wolf (Ed.), The medium of the video game (pp. 93–112). Austin: University of Texas Press.
- Challenges, Frustrations and Triumphs of Remixing an Open Source Game Engine for Educational Purposes
Volume 52, Issue 5 , pp 32-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links