Recovery After Cervical Decompression Surgery for the Treatment of Crowned Dens Syndrome Causing Progressive Neurological Decline: A Case Report
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- American Spinal Injury Association, Atlanta, GA. ASIA Exam Sheet for International Standards for Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury. Available at: http://www.asia-spinalinjury.org/elearning/ISNCSCI_Exam_Sheet_r4.pdf. Accessed January 16, 2013.
- Ali S, Hoch M, Dadhania V, Khurana JS. CPPD crowned dens syndrome with clivus destruction: a case report. J Radiol Case Rep. 2011; 5: 30-37. CrossRef
- Baysal T, Baysal O, Kutlu R, Karaman I, Mizrak B. The crowned dens syndrome: a rare form of calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease. Eur Radiol. 2000; 10: 1003-1005. CrossRef
- Boden SD, Dodge LD, Bohlman HH, Rechtine GR. Rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine. A long-term analysis with predictors of paralysis and recovery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1993; 75: 1282-1297.
- Chang EY, Lim WY, Wolfson T, et al. Frequency of atlantoaxial calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition at CT. Radiology. 2013.
- Chen L, Yang H, Yang T, Xu Y, Bao Z, Tang T. Effectiveness of surgical treatment for traumatic central cord syndrome. J Neurosurg Spine. 2009; 10(1): 3-8. CrossRef
- Goto S, Umehara J, Aizawa T, Kokubun S. Crowned Dens syndrome. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2732-2736. CrossRef
- Ishida Y, Tominaga T. Predictors of neurologic recovery in acute central cervical cord injury with only upper extremity impairment. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002; 27: 1652-8. discussion 1658. CrossRef
- Ito K, Aoyama T, Hara Y, Horiuchi T, Hongo K. Acute neck pain caused by calcium pyrophosphate dehydrate deposition in the transverse ligament of the atlas: a case report. No Shinkei Geka. 2011; 39: 769-772.
- Li XF, Dai LY. Acute central cord syndrome: injury mechanisms and stress features. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35: E955-64. CrossRef
- Lin SH, Hsieh ET, Wu TY, Chang CW. Cervical myelopathy induced by pseudo-gout in ligamentum flavum and retro-odontoid mass: a case report. Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 692-694. CrossRef
- Magarelli N, Simone F, Amelia R, et al. MR imaging of atlantoaxial joint in early rheumatoid arthritis. Radiol Med. 2010; 115: 1111-1120. CrossRef
- Nowak DD, Lee JK, Gelb DE, Poelstra KA, Ludwig SC. Central cord syndrome. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2009; 17: 756-765.
- Pfeiffer Zehnder C. Acute neck pain in an elderly patient. Praxis (Bern 1994). 2010; 99: 1295-1299. CrossRef
- Salaffi F, Carotti M, Guglielmi G, Passarini G, Grassi W. The crowned dens syndrome as a cause of neck pain: clinical and computed tomography study in patients with calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition disease. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2008; 26: 1040-1046.
- Schneider RC, Cherry G, Pantek H. The syndrome of acute central cervical spinal cord injury; with special reference to the mechanisms involved in hyperextension injuries of cervical spine. J Neurosurg. 1954; 11: 546-577. CrossRef
- Wasserman BR, Moskovich R, Razi AE. Rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine—clinical considerations. Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis. 2011; 69: 136-148.
- Werner BC, Shen FH, Shimer AL (2013) Primary cervical amyloidoma: A case report and review of the literature. Spine J.
- Yonezawa I, Okuda T, Won JH, Sakoda J, Nakahara D, Nojiri H, Muto O, Momomura R, Kaneko K (2012) Retrodental Mass in Rheumatoid Arthritis. J Spinal Disord Tech
- Younes M, Belghali S, Kriaa S, et al. Compared imaging of the rheumatoid cervical spine: prevalence study and associated factors. Joint Bone Spine. 2009; 76: 361-368. CrossRef
- Recovery After Cervical Decompression Surgery for the Treatment of Crowned Dens Syndrome Causing Progressive Neurological Decline: A Case Report
HSS Journal ®
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 83-87
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Hospital for Special Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Spine and Scoliosis Service, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
- 2. Hospital for Special Surgery, Department of Radiology and Imaging, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
- 3. Hospital for Special Surgery, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA